Timing Correct question on MPC 1000

vinvinvin

I was showing the MPC 1000 to someone and we were having issues with correctly using the Timing Correct feature in JJ OS 3.12.

When recording a beat on the pads, is it possible to play with Timing Correct on so that it automatically quantizes the beat? Normally, I have T.C. set to 1/16 with 50% swing, and after I track a seemingly perfect beat the MPC plays it back all choppy and low level. However, when I track with T.C. off, then turn T.C. on, it'll play back fine.

Also, how is the quantization in JJ OS 3.12 compared to the Akai OS? I wouldn't be against going back to Akai OS if it's able to quantize while recording.

Thanks for the help guys.

I was showing the MPC 1000 to someone and we were having issues with correctly using the Timing Correct feature in JJ OS 3.12.

When recording a beat on the pads, is it possible to play with Timing Correct on so that it automatically quantizes the beat? Normally, I have T.C. set to 1/16 with 50% swing, and after I track a seemingly perfect beat the MPC plays it back all choppy and low level. However, when I track with T.C. off, then turn T.C. on, it'll play back fine.

Also, how is the quantization in JJ OS 3.12 compared to the Akai OS? I wouldn't be against going back to Akai OS if it's able to quantize while recording.

Thanks for the help guys.

It can quantize while you're recording, you must be doin somethin wrong.. You're talkin about the free JJ OS correct? It's better then the Akai OS. Try holdin onto the Note Repeat button while recordin, I do this quite often. You may wanna turn the Tap Tempo off though by pressin MODE PAD10 F2 & turn Tap average OFF. Also you should change the swing %. Mines on 54% by default right now. Doesn't add to much, but it also isn't robotic. Seems like your just new to the MPC. Keep fukn with it and you gon get the hang of it..

Back