Thoughts on this mainboard

timemass

Hey hey! A friend of mine is putting a PC together for me, and I was just looking for a bit of advice. I did check out the build your own DAW thread, but still, and I will continue to do my own research. Anyway, I was wondering what you thought of this mainboard: "H67MA-E45 (B3)" I won't say what I am planning on doing now, aside from using that for the time being instead of an external soundcard, as I am curious about opinion first. Thanks!

What CPU do you plan on running and also do you plan on overclocking your CPU? That board isn't bad but it depends on what you plan to do with it.

No overclocking, as he'd be putting a Quad Core likely. I'd like to do audio stuff, FL Studio, Pro Tools, etc, and also be able to record guitar/bass, and have a midi keyboard/controller attached. I am still mostly a noob, so I wouldn't be doing anything too crazy.

---------- Post added 09-07-2011 at 08:11 PM ---------- Previous post was 09-06-2011 at 03:49 AM ----------

Some more specs: Intel Core i5 processor, Intel Core i5 processor. Thanks!

---------- Post added at 08:13 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:11 PM ----------

Semi-urgent for thoughts, as there's a deal ending soon he can get! Thanks again.

---------- Post added at 08:15 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:13 PM ----------

And would it be good for an external audio input such as from M-Audio, or whoever else? TIA.

Sorry for over replying.

Like UAD cards, multiple soundcards, expansion cads etc.

A full ATX board won't be much more and you have the options there if you need it. When you build a PC its good to leave room for future needs or you just end up spending more money later on.

He's going to use a micro-ATX board. And seems i3 to i5 isn't bad, but to i7 is quite a price jump. And I am not going to be a power user, yet!

Back