There will be NO RESPECT FOR THE THRONES

im1ufo

"..No master mastered these bones.
Your idols all are my rivals.
I rival all of your idols."

I'm not one to hate on rappers just because they're mainstream or their lyrics are drenched in materialism....but I'm not afraid to say something is wack if it is wack. Yeezus is pretty wack except for some of the cool soul loops and the new Jay Z single featuring the dude from the Mickey Mouse Club is pretty lame even though the drums sound pretty slick

the only thing those two guys have on Run the Jewels is HYPE...(Yeezus reviews are hilarious and Jay Z even used Rick Rubin as a PROP in a commerical to promote his new album lol)

the great thing about Run the Jewels is that Killer Mike is willing to say what El-P is afraid to say and vice versa

this production is top notch and this track has as poppy of a hook as I've ever heard in an El-P production..which is fine with me as long as they're keeping the verses raw

---------- Post added at 09:29 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:51 AM ----------

... forgot to mention this album is free..no excuse for not listening to this shit...the Big Boi and Prince Paul tracks are definitely worth checking out

download through the widget here: EL-P + KILLER MIKE = RUN THE JEWELS

KillerMikeEl-P.jpg

You a cool dude im1ufo! Reason why.....

I was trying to figure out where I heard that verse you posted. Then it happened to be a post of EL-P and Killer Mike. You put me on to something I probably would never got a chance to check out. So I see this song in the other guys top 10 of the week and it caught my ear more than the rest. That's what's up!

They about to make some noise for sure.

You a cool dude im1ufo! Reason why.....

I was trying to figure out where I heard that verse you posted. Then it happened to be a post of EL-P and Killer Mike. You put me on to something I probably would never got a chance to check out. So I see this song in the other guys top 10 of the week and it caught my ear more than the rest. That's what's up!

They about to make some noise for sure.

glad you enjoyed it..always happy to put someone onto something they might not have otherwise heard

i like how they keep it oldschool without sounded dated..never thought an east coast underground legend hooking up with a grammy winning southern rapper would work so well..they seem to bring out the best in each other

that is something that has been missing in hip hop...producers making ALBUMS...and true collaborations

I grew up on stuff like Public Enemy, Ice Cube, Beastie Boys, and Wu Tang Clan...didn't get into Gangstarr until later on but it's the same thing

there is a lyric in Banana Clipper that makes me smile...these guys will definitely be working together more in the future

“Producer gave me a beat/Said it’s the beat of the year/I said El-P didn’t do it/So get the **** outta here.”

Last edited:
im1 u a committed dude to yo cause. u been pushin el-p for a minute. gonna check him now. i like the joints in this thread. respect.

My shit right here.

The thing I love about "Get It" is that the vibe is totally 80's yet it still sounds futuristic

also had one of those 'oh shit' moments for the first time in quite a while when I heard these Killer Mike lines:

"We're here to tell you all your false idols are just pretenders
They're corporation slaves indentured to all the lenders
So even if you got seven figures, you still a nigga"

"We're here to tell you all your false idols are just pretenders
They're corporation slaves indentured to all the lenders
So even if you got seven figures, you still a nigga"

Being a seven figure nigga really isn't impressive. The top 1,300 richest people are billionaires. The top 100 are multibillionaires. Wealth has changed.

Idiots still stuck on a million dollars like that's a lot of money. Pathetic.

Being a seven figure nigga really isn't impressive. The top 1,300 richest people are billionaires. The top 100 are multibillionaires. Wealth has changed.

Idiots still stuck on a million dollars like that's a lot of money. Pathetic.

How many millions do you have homie?

Just wondering...

^^^^^Multi millionare = more than one million. Just working an average job paying $12 with guaranteed overtime puts you at a million in around 30 years. A 20 year old working on an average job for 30 years will bust open his first million at 50. Will he still have a million? Well...he had to share it with the government, baby mommas, rent on places he settled for, used cars, unnecessary eating, ect. But he still made a million dollars.

O.K....average man works two average jobs. Cut that time in half. By 35 he bust open his first million.....he can't read, quit school, and still busted open a million.

O.K.......college grad has a $60k/year career. He gets to live like the guy who worked two jobs. The difference is he works less time than he does to do it. He may have two....bustin open 120k. Every 9 years he busting a million dollars. At 55 years old he has busted open 3 million.

Kanye gets offered 10 million dollars to have his new born photoed. Somebody has enough money to just give away to somebody. Kanye has 10 million dollar to give away when he gets sued.

Puff Daddy been at it for 20 years now....STILL hasn't seen a "billion dollar bill". That's pathetic....(sarcasm). :D

Future sounds dumb as shit..........but made 10x what you could potentially make being an average person working 3 jobs steady for 20 years.....................uoeno.

It's not about money by it's self....it's how fast you get it. You want to be rich selling beats...........well........you may be moving slower than a man working 2 jobs....but you had fun trying....that's all that counts. You're 39 and still rapping.....found the internet and now you've really screwed yourself.....because you know you going to make it......"I mean look at all of those comments other rappers are giving me yo......that means something, SON!!!!". Tlking shit about Future and Trinidad James.....but your rappin ass work for a year....quit for a year to further your career as a rapper to prove these rappers are garbage and that you deserve the money they get if not more. Time is ticking......you got to make a dicision on your life after high school. Can't keep letting the inner child take over. Say you been grinding and crying to 20 different gods and got rabbits feets....and four leaf clovers......you want the money and don't even realize that you really want it fast. Not hustling fast enough......a guy working two jobs has it easier than a person who is grinding to be where he wants to be.....straight up. Said it plenty of times.....if you are not where you want to be in life...it's because you not working hard enough. You standing by the fire and feeling the heat....sweating and can barely breath.....but success is in the fire. You are suffering and hurting your self for no reason if you scared of the fire....thrid degree burns for that fast dow.......feel the flame and get burnt......drop the prize because it's too hot. THat equals you still ain't got it....you know what that fire feels like though........you like "maaaan fuuck this shit....who hiring"......30 years wasted...now you will be 70 by the time you see your first million....with battle scares to show your defeat.

Last edited:
Rice...I remember you saying in a different thread that you were interested in what a video for 36" Chain would look like...well here it is..released yesterday this isn't the first video Killums the puppet has appeared in..make sure to check out El-P's video for "Full Retard" !

Back