The Year 2012 is Over: The 25 Records YOU Enjoyed the Most

JC Biffro

So here we are, all the big releases have dropped and it's time to wrap up a DOPE year and share our thoughts on the releases that arrived this year.

For all those who feel like they gotta be a sheep and name the stereotypical albums like GKMC & Life is Good in their list of Top 25 just because everyone else is, grow some cajones. At the end of the day, the 25 albums I listed may not be the best (yes I have a Gucci tape there...), but what matters is these are the albums I ENJOYED the most, and that's what matters. Whether it was the production, the delivery, the lyrics, w/e.

Think outside the box ya'll and add the albums you genuinely enjoyed. We were all made different, and we're entitled to like different records. Low and behold, here is my list. I found it hard to chop it down to 25, hence my big 'honourable mentions' list. I still have 200+ records this year I've not had a chance to listen to yet (T.I. included), so given the chance, my list would probably be very different.
lol.png

My Top 25

Ace Hood - Starvation
Action Bronson x The Alchemist - Rare Chandeliers
Apollo Brown x OC - Trophies
Big Boi - Vicious Lies and Dangerous Rumors
Big K.R.I.T. - 4everNaDay
Big Kuntry King - 100%
Blu & Exile - Give Me Flowers While I Can Still Smell Them
Bobby V - Dusk Till Dawn
King Chip - Tell Ya Friends
Fabolous - The Soul Tape 2
Game - Jesus Piece
Gucci Mane - Trap Back
J. Stalin - Memories of a Curb Server
K'Naan - Country, God or The Girl
Krizz Kaliko - Kickin' & Screamin'
Madchild - Dope Sick
Murs x 9th Wonder - The Final Adventure
Paul Wall - No Sleep 'Till Houston
R. Kelly - Write me Back
Rapsody - The Idea of Beautiful
Rockie Fresh - Driving 88
Saigon - The Greatest Story Ever Told 2
ScHoolBoy Q - Habits & Contradictions
Wiz Khalifa - O.N.I.C. (surprised myself putting this here - really enjoyed this for some reason)
Xzibit - Napalm
Young Buck - Live Loyal, Die Rich
Yo Gotti - CM7: The World is Yours

Honorable Mentions:

The Alchemist - Russian Routlette
Bobby Womack - The Bravest Man Alive
Freeway - Diamond in the Rough
Journalist 103 - Reporting Live
Kardinal Offishall x Nottz - AMTRIM
NaS - Life is Good
Pac Div - GMB
Kendrick Lemar - GKMC
Freddie Gibbs - Baby Face Killa
Lupe Fiasco - F&L 2
Prozak - Paranormal
Big Sean - Detroit
Shyne - Gangland
Sir Michael Rocks - Lap of Lux
Stevie Stone - Rolling Stone
8Ball - Life's Quest
9th Wonder x Buckshot - The Solution
50 Cent - 5 (Murder by Numbers)
Tito Lopez - The Hunger Games
Apollo Brown x Guilty Simpson - Dice Game
A$AP Mob - Lord$ Never Worry
Lloyd Banks - V6: The Gift
Wu-Block - Wu-Block
Mac Miller - Macadelic
Macklemore x Ryan Lewis - The Heist
Rick Ross - God Forgives, I Don't
Hit-Boy - HITStory
Ab-Soul - Control System
RZA - The Man with the Iron Fists

Last edited:
Only two albums I listen to on the regular and enjoy. Even though I can tolerate the rest. That's Premro and Based On A T.R.U Story. Life's Quest was disappointing to me but still good. Premro 2 coming....can't wait. I hope it's always hosted by drumma boy.

I might can add Big Boi's album to that list as of tomorrow. Hadn't had a chance to get to it yet.

Last edited:
i liked Stevie Stone's album Rollin' Stone, Krizz Kalikos kickin n Screamin, i see thats on your list.

Only two albums I listen to on the regular and enjoy. Even though I can tolerate the rest. That's Premro and Based On A T.R.U Story. Life's Quest was disappointing to me but still good. Premro 2 coming....can't wait. I hope it's always hosted by drumma boy.

I might can add Big Boi's album to that list as of tomorrow. Hadn't had a chance to get to it yet.

Sweeet. When's that Premro 2 dropping??

^^^^^not sure but it's next year....maybe early.

About to by Flying Lotus "Until The Quiet Come". I hate hearing rappers voices now a days as for personal listening music. Ain't nobody fuucking with Flylo.....kill yo self for even trying to think of somebody. :)

Yeah......throw your computers out the window....or bow down!

http://flying-lotus.com/until-the-quiet-comes/

Shit is crazy.........the robot in the link above stays on beat to this video. lmao! This the type of shit I be talking bout man! Love it!

I want a movie album!!!!!

Last edited:
Back