The new dude

DriftPig

Hey everyone im new to making electronic music and I cant find good information anywhere so this is why im here. I love music and want to make it. I don't know where to start with any equipment or software I need. I have a studio and have made live instrumental music just with garage band. So im here to soak up all I can and just make a quick intro and for you guys to made give me so simple suggestions. I was looking at protools? Don't know if its anygood for making electronic music. Thanks for looking

I'm guessing you have a Mac if you're using garageband. You might want to look into Ableton or Logic Pro. I personally wouldn't suggest Pro Tools for making electronic music but that's probably because my knowledge on Pro Tools is limited to the basics. Equipment is going to depend on your budget, but for starters your best pieces of equipment are a good computer and your software.

I wont be using my mac any more I just got a hp envy, and my music backround is just in recording music that me and some friends make with live instruments. I figured software is the best place to start but I don't know what would be the best. I don't want to get something that wont limit me with what I can do over time once I get used to it make sense? Id like something slightly universal but for my live instrument recordings but more geared toward electronic music. And for starter simple equipment what should I be looking at? Thanks again im very new and dumb to this kinda stuff.

Back