The Maschine and MIDI

thesoloist1914

Paradom Beats
Hiya Paradom here with a question on equipment. So I'm currently looking for a way to speed up my work flow as well as give my music a sense of authenticity. Now I heard that buying a Midi keyboard is a good way to do such things since it will give that piano feel plus because it's a controller I can map it to my DAW (FL Studio 10) now I also heard that Maschine is another good piece of hardware to have and with some of the research that I've done it looks like it is a pretty useful MPC. Essentially what I'm looking for is some advice in what I should get as far as MPCs and a MIDI keyboard. I'll probably need something with at least 49 Keys and my budget isn't that high. (I'm already buying about $1000 worth of equipment) Can someone point me in the right direction. I hope not to spend more than $500. Thanks in advanced!

Maschine is amazing for drums and sampling, among other things. The software integrates with DAWs perfectly and the hardware works as a great midi controller in midi mode. I use it with Ableton and Maschine is my centerpiece when it comes to making music. I have the Maschine Studio and Maschine Mk2.

I want to get Maschine primarily because it seems like it's really good with setting drums and getting a more real feel with drums. I think I want a midi keyboard for melodies.

I want to get Maschine primarily because it seems like it's really good with setting drums and getting a more real feel with drums. I think I want a midi keyboard for melodies.

Maschine pads definitely feels more "real" than playing on a keyboard or something like that. You can even make your fingers bounce on the pads to get that rolling effect. I use to bang my fingers on the desk on school like I was finger drumming or something before I even knew about Maschine or MPC but that actually helped when I first started making music. Now, almost a year later, I feel like I'm a damn pro at doing some finger drumming things. I'm exaggerating about being like a pro but I'm really picking up on it fast. Now I use Maschine inside Ableton. Maschine will always be my centerpiece for making music. The way it works inside a DAW is just amazing. I just started using it inside Ableton a few weeks ago and I already know how to do everything I need to.

It would just seem like I wouldn't know how to get a good piano melody out of the Maschine since it isn't a traditional keyboard. I mean I'll try it but I feel like the melodies would be more authentic if I were to use a keyboard.

Yeah melodies are a bit easier on a keyboard in most cases. But in midi mode on the controller template you can pick a scale, a base note, and change the octave really easily. I really like trying out different scales on it. I'll play things I never even thought of before. Each note is actually color coded so you can tell which key is where in a particular scale. It's really cool. If you have Ableton, the Maschine Ableton Template can control so many things inside of live. I was playing around with it today just trying to learn what my Maschine Studio could control inside of Ableton and I was really surprised. There's to many things it can do for me to name them.

Back