The Creative Sound Blaster X-Fi Titanium - Fatal1ty Champion Series

IRL303

How well would this card be for music production? I need to do make electronic music only and don't need any other inputs connected to my PC via the sound card i.e mics and mixers etc etc. I see its popular for gaming but how well would it do in production? Also if its not a good one and you know of a better one could you please give me some examples. Cheers gang.

You should stick to an interface made for audio production not gaming. Make sure whatever interface you pick has ASIO drivers for it. I would not recommend any Creative Sound Blaster card for audio.

Thanks for the reply. Amazing 35 people looked at this and didn't bother to answer....some helpful community this place is! Obik what card would you recommend I use?

What kind of budget are we looking at? Then I'll give you some great options. :)

M-Audio 2496 its rock solid and about $100 if your not recording audio you don't need to spend a lot.

You Irish?

lol just because your in Ireland doesn't necessarily mean your Irish :p

I'm from Kilkenny, in London now though.. Obviously.

Well thats true haha. I used to live in the UK for about 8 years. Lived in Essex, Funny thing was that I lived only about 2hrs from London and never once visited the place. So about that card you mentioned yeah that looks pretty good, 100 dollars is only €69 so thats a great price! Fairplay for putting me wide to it :cool:

I appreciate that. So I'd have around $300 - $400

Hmmm firewire I'd look at anything Echo Audio or M-Audio. USB I'd also take a good look through M-Audio's stuff. Noble's suggestion of the 2496 is great.

It's an ok card, I used to use it, but with your budget I'd definitely recommend something like an M-Audio Audiophile 192...or equivalent! You won't regret it!

Back