Technics 1200mk5??

W

welchy3

opinions? I found one for $230 which is a crazy deal. needs a new needle. Is there anything else i need to make this work?
My gear:
-fantom x6
-m audio profire 610
-logic

thanks

You will need a phono preamp for it if you don't have a stereos with one already. You can find those for about $30. You could always get a dj-mixer for it too, they have built in preamps.

I heard they are discontinuing the Technics 1200s, so you might REALLY want to jump on this.

guy at guitar center told me to not get it since the mk5 is discontinued and parts will be hard to find if it breaks....

also is this a good sounding deck? i know its good for scratching but what about listening and sampling?

The guy from guitar center is probably going to pick it up on pay day so he can play his Wham! records.

haha probably. so is this a purchase i should make? i will be using it mostly to sample and listen. Eventually to scratch.

guy at guitar center told me to not get it since the mk5 is discontinued and parts will be hard to find if it breaks....

The guy at GC is a doesn't know what the fk he is talking about. Technics 1200's are built like tanks. If someone needs parts for a 1200 it's because they are
a)modding it
or
b) they did something dumb to fk it up.

16 years with mine and I never had problems with them. Even to 6 different countries and no problems. ;)

For sampling I use the hard ass Technics rubber mat to reduce unneeded vibration and hum. And for scratching/DJing i use my gray scratch pads.

Last edited:
Back