Take a "sound" from a track

• Thread starter Oso Flocka Flame
  • Start date
O

Oso Flocka Flame

Hi im new in the forum, the reason im here is because i've been like 3 years tryin to figure out how to use FL studio like the "pros" but i dont know why it seems so hard to me, i've done like 10 beats in total since i was like 14 really nothing impressive, im 20 now and i really want to get into music because i have a lot of cool ideas but fl is so hard to use that i always give up at the very beggining of the project. One of my doubts have to do with sampling, like i dont know why when i try to sample something it ends up sounding like shit, i already saw like 20 tutorials on youtube and it seems so simple, take your track, open edison, fit your sample to the tempo of the song and you ready to go. yesterday i tried to take a sound from the song "looking out my window", this sound was used by stetsasonic on the song "go stetsa i" i took the sound but it sounds horrible it has alot of noise, but in the stetsasonic's track sounds clean and clear. i have always the same problem like i wanted to sample bdp's "the bridge is over" to make a beat similar to mc ren's "final frontier", but everytime i want to ad extra sounds or a diferen kick or snare it ends up sounding really bad , i always wondered how sample based producer like the bomb squad achieved such a good sound with samples, like im sure you need to do something else aside from taking the sample in edison and put it on the step sequencer.
so here is the example:
the original song with the sound i want (youtube):
watch?v=Th6E3AXVfPg
stetsasonic's track (youtube):
watch?v=s7wKj23cBL0
my atemp to extract the sound (soundcloud):
/oso-demetrio/sampstetsa

There's no shortcuts to this, believe me...I've tried that route at least 57 times already.Same answer.
Tutorials on youtube abundant.
Figure out what plugins you want to use, will you be a sample based- Beatcrafter or one that dabbles with the sound science?
Would you be both a sampler and synthesizer?
Did you learn from the tutorials you found or did you use fl studio that long without the help?

There's no shortcuts to this, believe me...I've tried that route at least 57 times already.Same answer.
Tutorials on youtube abundant.
Figure out what plugins you want to use, will you be a sample based- Beatcrafter or one that dabbles with the sound science?
Would you be both a sampler and synthesizer?
Did you learn from the tutorials you found or did you use fl studio that long without the help?
Well im not that heavily into sampling like i was 5 years ago, now i actually think that making an interploration is better than actually sampling the song. the reason im trying to do it the simple way now is because i have no studio equipment and i dont play any instruments, i want to learn how to make my own sounds and music but for the meantime i want to learn the basics like sampling.

Well, there is a good number of free items.freedrumkits.net has free drums.
Also, when i used to use fl i remember it having it's own drummachine called drumaxx.All those drums you hear in tracks everywhere is either made with modules or real instruments.And making your own sounds in your daw of choice is already possible, sytrus does all of that too.sytrus is the thor of fl studio while drumaxx is the kong of fl studio.

And sampling, this will be straightforward.Not easy, but straightforward.Never learned it correctly myself but, I know a lot about it.If you have no equipment(not that you need it) you would be advised to check out soundfont files on google.There is a large amount to get you started if that's what you mean.piano sounds, basic jazz sounds etc.Try out demos of programs you think you'd like to use alongside the daw, learn effects, automation, tempo syncing, timestretching, pitchshifting, granulizing reversing bitcrushing and a couple of other useful methods like flangers and phasers.These will also be found on google in pdf form, and various media websites.

Last edited:
Well, there is a good number of free items.freedrumkits.net has free drums.
Also, when i used to use fl i remember it having it's own drummachine called drumaxx.All those drums you hear in tracks everywhere is either made with modules or real instruments.And making your own sounds in your daw of choice is already possible, sytrus does all of that too.sytrus is the thor of fl studio while drumaxx is the kong of fl studio.

And sampling, this will be straightforward.Not easy, but straightforward.Never learned it correctly myself but, I know a lot about it.If you have no equipment(not that you need it) you would be advised to check out soundfont files on google.There is a large amount to get you started if that's what you mean.piano sounds, basic jazz sounds etc.Try out demos of programs you think you'd like to use alongside the daw, learn effects, automation, tempo syncing, timestretching, pitchshifting, granulizing reversing bitcrushing and a couple of other useful methods like flangers and phasers.These will also be found on google in pdf form, and various media websites.
any site where i can learn fl studio?

Hi im new in the forum, the reason im here is because i've been like 3 years tryin to figure out how to use FL studio like the "pros" but i dont know why it seems so hard to me, i've done like 10 beats in total since i was like 14 really nothing impressive, im 20 now and i really want to get into music because i have a lot of cool ideas but fl is so hard to use that i always give up at the very beggining of the project. One of my doubts have to do with sampling, like i dont know why when i try to sample something it ends up sounding like shit, i already saw like 20 tutorials on youtube and it seems so simple, take your track, open edison, fit your sample to the tempo of the song and you ready to go. yesterday i tried to take a sound from the song "looking out my window", this sound was used by stetsasonic on the song "go stetsa i" i took the sound but it sounds horrible it has alot of noise, but in the stetsasonic's track sounds clean and clear. i have always the same problem like i wanted to sample bdp's "the bridge is over" to make a beat similar to mc ren's "final frontier", but everytime i want to ad extra sounds or a diferen kick or snare it ends up sounding really bad , i always wondered how sample based producer like the bomb squad achieved such a good sound with samples, like im sure you need to do something else aside from taking the sample in edison and put it on the step sequencer.
so here is the example:
the original song with the sound i want (youtube):
watch?v=Th6E3AXVfPg
stetsasonic's track (youtube):
watch?v=s7wKj23cBL0
my atemp to extract the sound (soundcloud):
/oso-demetrio/sampstetsa

you made 10 beats in 6 years.. you need to either give up or use a different daw if fl is truly too hard for you

youtube has a lot of free fl studio tuts.fl studio has an alarmingly large tutorial base from just warbeats alone.
i'd still advise at least checking out one video of any other daws to see if they make you ready.fl studio works well but it's not for everyone, me included.

What exactly is it that is hard for you to learn in FL? When I played with it a while back (hell I still have it on the PC for backup just in case I ever want to use it for whatever reason) it seemed super simple and very straightforward.

Actually you know what I think (without listening because I can't...your link doesn't work) your problem isn't Fruity Loops, the problem is that you are probably trying to sample something that you can't sample or alter a loop in a way you can't alter it

Back