Sytrus VSTi in Ableton Live 9 has automation issues

DJ Artist Name

I make dubstep in Ableton Live 64-bit on a 64-bit Windows 7 system. I was using FM8 as my main FM synth, but I couldn't figure why fast automation points sounded weird and never sharp. Then I found out FM8 has internal smoothing, that you can't turn off (I tried ctrl+f in the manual). So now I'm trying out Sytrus, which allows you to turn it on and off. It works fine smoothed, but when I uncheck smooth, it sounds like the automation is just skipping to random points, instead of following the curve. I can't get sharp automation points, and I'm sure it should work when smooth is unchecked. Forgive me if I overlooked something stupid, I haven't been using Sytrus very long. Thanks!

Wish I could help, I might get Sytrus for Live 9 so if I do I'll see what's up. While I'm here though, do you know an easier way to draw in automation ACCURATELY? It's way to tedious to get automation points dead-on for good transitions and such.

Wish I could help, I might get Sytrus for Live 9 so if I do I'll see what's up. While I'm here though, do you know an easier way to draw in automation ACCURATELY? It's way to tedious to get automation points dead-on for good transitions and such.
You mean a 'snap-to-beat' thing for adding automation? I don't know if there's an option for that. I just eyeball automation points. I usually don't have a problem if I add automation tracks so I can see all the automation at once when the track is expanded in the view, and also use ctrl+click to draw curves.

Aaight thanks. They really need to add a snap to point feature. I never knew about the ctrl+click to draw curves. I use to eyeball it but my LP filter transitions were still choppy so I'll put a point at the very beginning of the sequence view and duplicate it to the place where I need the automation, might hellp good for you like that as well.

I have read that automaton latency is an issue with many for LIve; perhaps it is particularly with certain plug-ins, such as Sytrus. The issue has been addressed in Live 9.2, which is in Beta...

But this Max For Live Device allows you to snap automation recording to a fixed amount of specified time.

Quantized Parameter Automator 2.0

I have read that automaton latency is an issue with many for LIve; perhaps it is particularly with certain plug-ins, such as Sytrus. The issue has been addressed in Live 9.2, which is in Beta...

But this Max For Live Device allows you to snap automation recording to a fixed amount of specified time.

Quantized Parameter Automator 2.0

Thank you, this answers why there is a problem. Is there anyway to fix the latency issues? Or at least when rendering?

I did some testing, and if I have a sytrus and nothing else in a project, with a simple sine wave and mod x controlling the volume of another modulating sine wave (a simple sound just to test), then the automation is perfectly fine. This leads me to believe for certain it is a latency issue, because it only occurs when there is more synths and effects in a project causing CPU load and latency.

Has Ableton announced a release date for Live 9.2?

Back