Synths

Loxley

♡throb-Never
What combination would you choose out of the below if you had 2 pick no more than 3? but you don'y have to pick 3...

DSI - Mopho - Rack - 260
DSI - Tetra - Rack - 580
DSI - Prophet 8 - Rack - 1050
Korg M3 -Rack - 1400
Moog - Minitaurs - rack - 500
Moog - Slim Phatty - Rack - 590
T I Snow - rack - 810

I was originally thinking the tetra minitaurus and prophet 8, cz the mopho has 1 osc and 2 sub osc i think but the tetra has 4 osc and 2 sub osc for each.

will the taurs do bass better than the tetra? and is the phatty good for leads.

I doubt anyone can say much about the Minitaur since it's not out yet (unless you assume it's exactly the same as the "real" Taurus). But yeah, Phatty & Prophet is a pretty good (as in, f*cking amazing) start. The Mopho, though, is basically a one-voice Prophet (yes, with some extra features); it's gonna be a b*tch to program from the hardware alone (but they keyboard version is nice - I'm considering getting one myself), and I'd seriously consider something completely different to complement the Phatty/Prophet combo. There's an abundance of analog monosynths out there these days - take a look at the Doepfer Dark Energy, Vermona Mono Lancet, Tom Oberheim SEM, Analogue Solutions, MFB...lots to choose from.

I doubt anyone can say much about the Minitaur since it's not out yet (unless you assume it's exactly the same as the "real" Taurus). But yeah, Phatty & Prophet is a pretty good (as in, f*cking amazing) start. The Mopho, though, is basically a one-voice Prophet (yes, with some extra features); it's gonna be a b*tch to program from the hardware alone (but they keyboard version is nice - I'm considering getting one myself), and I'd seriously consider something completely different to complement the Phatty/Prophet combo. There's an abundance of analog monosynths out there these days - take a look at the Doepfer Dark Energy, Vermona Mono Lancet, Tom Oberheim SEM, Analogue Solutions, MFB...lots to choose from.

Thanks for clearing that up i'll look into the rest... would you say that with the slim/phophet combo i should be looking for a beast in bass??

---------- Post added 02-08-2012 at 04:27 PM ---------- Previous post was 01-21-2012 at 11:40 PM ----------

If it was up to you which would you go for
TI2 access
Tetra/Minitaur

Or

DSI Prohpet 8
Slim Phatty
Tetra/Minitaur

Any guidance would be great as well as your thoughts on the Minitaur and tetra?

Back