Switched to Ableton, not fully comfortable with it?

uheclipse

Hey guys so I recently switched from Logic to Ableton Live. By recent I mean like 3 days ago lol. So far I've been watching tutorials and have made about 3-4 beats. I like it so far but it's not comfortable to me yet. Is it because I'm not used to it yet? I just feel like it was easier to make beats on logic.

Do most people feel this way when they switch Daws? And for those wondering I switched because my Mac was slowing down and I can't afford to get a new one. Decided to get a PC for cheaper instead

it'll take a while to adapt, especially if it's a daw you were comfortable with.
logic and ableton are two different workflows, if you were able to make 4 beats in a daw you had for small time, it'll take quicker for you.i say about 2 weeks.

Of course... its new just like anything else...
Im not sure the learning curve between the 2 of them...
But i would stick with it for a month or so...
-maybe ur own limitations could help creativity wise...

it'll take a while to adapt, especially if it's a daw you were comfortable with.
logic and ableton are two different workflows, if you were able to make 4 beats in a daw you had for small time, it'll take quicker for you.i say about 2 weeks.

Ok thanks! Was just curious because I also tried out the fl studio demo and it was a lot quicker/comfortable. I'll just stick with it and see where I'm at a month from now
Of course... its new just like anything else...
Im not sure the learning curve between the 2 of them...
But i would stick with it for a month or so...
-maybe ur own limitations could help creativity wise...

Thanks dude I'm just gonna stick with it

Last edited:
Oh man, you're going to love Ableton Live. At first I had a hard time with it too, being my first and only DAW that I've used.

But now I'm so good at it and it's all straight forward and collective in my head. Now I understand it "is" a drag-n-drop application. Click the header to zoom in out. Every shape always opens something up or shuts it down as well. And also all the dials do the same thing, they change the amount. It truly is easy to be collective once you learn how it
1. OPENS
2. SHUTS DOWN (same way)
3. IS drag-n-drop for "zoom". and
4. The top to bottom second page columns (session view) for MIDI CLIPS are for Live use
5. The arrangement view (from left to right) is like recording to tape.
6. Arrangment and Session often times do similar things but not always. (can be more easier to do in a way than the other as well)
7. There are "tips" to check out as well (once you learn the basics) (bottom left hand corner) (click the triangle)

Abletons effects are phenomenal and transparent with little added saturation. Hope I'll stoke you out and let you know that on a final mix with just Ableton Live it actually adds up to being quite analog and clean as well.
Their synths are hard to work with but if you check out some posts on where to find sounds that I made youll see how well some of those Preset designers have made presets and sounds. Cutting edge stuff with those too.

Once you get "in the mood" or want to switch things up, feel free to change the screen color. Neet-o. right!?

PC rules the realm of speed and multi-threading. With larger caches per computer chip and less expensive parts that are just as quality. PC is the future and always has been. I grew up on MACS because he cut a deal with school way back in '86. BUt the thing is that a MAC is just an attempt to clone a PC. PC is the kinda like thee original. It's lean and mean and complex. it's a professional thinker without all the good looks scare tactics. It may look worse but sometimes you can get covers for laptops. PC-s have better graphics and are made for gaming... wonder who can handle all those big programs??? My philosophy is if it can handle a big CPU intensive multi thread necasary game, it can handle Ableton Live. The graphics are no less inferior. There quite simply are no great games on MAC. I don't miss Macintosh the viruii clone-alike with the same bios "plus more". Quite simply though "pc' can handle better apps and do them better and quicker. The chips are outstanding and reliable and pc's can handle complex multi-tasking programs. MACs are simple and bad multi-taskers.

It's the way they operate. They really never grasped making their very own "unique" system and the way Bill taught them. I watched a documentary Mac gave. They ratted themselves out and blew their phony bolgna cover about how it's just not so good as "pc' but that their marketing strategies took over and people started buying MACs because of looks only. Also you "think you get what you pay for". What a gimmick and twisted ploy. You don't get more you get less when you pay more in the Mac vs. Pc world. Plus hey, Mac's just go into sleep mode to start up so fast, I can do that on a PC too. And hey, "I just" came back from sleep mode on my pc in a few seconds but it does the compex stuff better.

Cheers, you will love your new stuff once you get the hang of it. It always takes time to learn the curve and settle in.

Last edited:
He already said he was switchin to fl...
-dnt ppl read anymore...??
im actually using both right now. so far im liking fl studio better kinda because its different from what ive used before.

im so used to having a linear sequencer like logic so FL's patterns are pretty fun to play around with it. i do dig ableton's sessions mode though

Switching from one DAW to another is never easy, especially after only a couple of days. Don't be so hard on yourself.

Initially I liked Abletons session view a lot as well, it was easy to just keep things flowing while still working in the loop. But then I found myself getting stuck in the loop more easily so I decided to go back to the linear style sequencer.

It just suits me better.

And yeah, like so many people have said here already.. Of course you're not comfortable, you just switched to it..

Hey friend, I started in FL studio, moved up to logic, pro tools, then finally I got Ableton.
Hands down Ableton is the best DAW I've ever used and I will NEVER go back. The way you can audition clips and loops in the clip view is unlike any other DAW. If you're anything like me and make a lot of beats and music this tool is absolutely freaking amazing.

Ableton can do everything logic pro tools and fl studio can do but not the other way around.

I think that the coolest thing about both Ableton Live and FL Studio is that they're both compatible with this:

Launchpad S by Novation (Amazon.com)

-Ki
Salem Beats (+Reviews)
gpWmqu

Last edited:
Back