Super Energetic Melodic Dubstep "Jungle Cat" F4F

RyneCichella

Hey doods, I am looking for feedback on my new track, mainly focusing on mastering and composition, Especially the kick, always feed for feed so put your links down!

awesome beat! i def loved the drop. but you already said it, it needs some mixing work to make it perfect
-i think some of the sounds are a bit to loud. (the main lead) and is clashing with that deep bass.
- your main kick is a bit week. needs some more punch. a multiband compressor will fix this.
all you have to do is work on your sound levels because they all sound like they want to come out loud at the same time.
over all tho this was really great! powerful stuff!

check me out
https://www.futureproducers.com/for...beat-proud-give-me-some-crit-100%-f4f-469075/

Hey there!

Let's get into the nitty gritty:

Intro:

Very nice. Simple harmonics, some good block chords for emphasis.

Build up and drop into the main verse is pretty good. Bassline could use refining. It's missing some of the timbre - the crunch and grind - to keep it fresh. Just a another layer to give it extra harmonic dynamics. The lead layer is very good, but it's floating on top of the bassline. That's where your mix is crucial:

You've got harmonic distortion in your high-ends (Need my monitors to make sure of this). It can be heard when the bassline is playing and the hi-hats and crashes come in. That difference in harmonic content is cause nearly unnoticeable oscillations, which can sound a little phase-y.

The drum kit is pretty hefty on it's own. You just need another layered sample to create that low-end "thump" so it can get a little more beefy. Would recommend a little more variation from your hi-hats and include some ghost notes to create a more dynamic and more rhythmic beat.

All things aside, the mix needs a little more shaping. You've need to better separate and distinguish your frequency spectrum so that each sound has it's own place and set of frequencies to call home. Sure, some similar sounds may share some frequencies, but there needs to be better control so that nothing is clashing into each other.

I would recommend parallel compression/side-chaining your kick and snare to the bassline so that they can cut through a little better.

So far: pretty good.

With mix and pre-master: probably even better.

Keep it going!

-J.P.

Last edited:
Back