Sup Guys.

WavyDavid

New to this forum so i thought i should introduce myself and ask a question. My name is David, Im from San Francisco, Im currently in High School, and im new to producing, I listen to all kinds of rap such as Yung Lean, and i really like Cloud Rap and Chill Trap Music, any tips on how to produce that genre?

what equipment do you have???
can you play a instrument

your background story was kind of lean...

adding more details on what you have as far as music will give us the information to help you more

well i use FL Studio and no i can not play an instrument. I have a midi keyboard which i use from time to time. I like sampled beats and i also like to sample myself but being a beginner really restricts me from what i can do as far as sampling, i know the basics but im not proficient. And like i said i like Yung Lean and the beats he uses, i would love to learn how to produce it myself. If you have ever listened to Yung Gud, you would know what im talking about.

practice,practice,pratice,and yeah practice some more

use Youtube look for tutorial for FL Studio Trap beats

well i use FL Studio and no i can not play an instrument. I have a midi keyboard which i use from time to time. I like sampled beats and i also like to sample myself but being a beginner really restricts me from what i can do as far as sampling, i know the basics but im not proficient. And like i said i like Yung Lean and the beats he uses, i would love to learn how to produce it myself. If you have ever listened to Yung Gud, you would know what im talking about.

It would serve you well to learn to become a good listener, learn to play an instrument or two and make something new with every opportunity you have to do so. It takes practice to be in the practice, if you know what I mean. Find out what instruments they're using to make their beats or who they're buying from. Get your gear together and start moving.

Or, you could keep just fooling around from time to time forever...

Last edited:
Good advice there^, Also try getting a pad and pen and listening to your favourite tracks and write down instruments and different sounds you hear, how many bars are in the intro etc.., is that a different snare in the breakdown?.... I did this a lot... still do it now its a good way to learn

Last edited:
for chill trap music, i'd say light drum beats & high-soft melodies, maybe some breaks idk, need more info ?

Back