Studio Monitor Setup

ChrisOmarPBE

What's up everybody!
I'm new getting into music production, and I just found the craziest deal at my local best buy for one Rokkit R6 monitor that was in an opened box for $25!!!! Anyway, I was told I need to get a receiver. Any suggestions for one that will be $100 - $200? Thanks!!!

Hiya ChrisOmarPBE,

ROKIT 6 G3 Studio Monitors Speaker KRK SYSTEMS If this is what you bought, first, totally awesome, second, they are powered already, you should have two power cords for each speaker.

What you need is 2 things, an "Audio Interface..." and "speaker cords".

Audio Interface:
Audio Interfaces | Musician's Friend, Great thing about these, if you shop around a little you can pick up some good software too. Watch out for any PRO TOOLS SE crap, you need a very specific setup. I have an M-Audio, which is pretty decent, see the audio interface, also powers your microphone...it converts digital signals into analog and vice-versa.

KLR CORDS:
klr Results | shippingCountry: United Kingdom | Musician's Friend

So, interface, $170 and cords $30 - oh and you may want to consider these...

Monitor Isolation Pads:
monitor isolation pads Results | shippingCountry: United Kingdom | Musician's Friend

(These are non-affiliate links)

Oh make sure your cords and interface work together, you can use KLR or Balanced I think with those speakers...My little M-audio has RCA, and I had to get two little RCA thingy's to convert my wonderful monster KLR's. So, shop around and choose wisely.

Last edited:
I actually have the one that is not powered. Luckily I had an amp at home that my mom used from 20 years ago (LOL), so I just bought some speaker wire, and hooked it up! These things BUMP. Thanks for the help

Yeah, I thought I might be looking at the wrong speakers. Be sure to do some research on how to set them up properly. I tried to compile a little list of basic studio setup and design, see my siglinks. There is tons of information out there on how to get the best out of your new speakers.

I love my studio monitors. I considered the Rokits but I wanted a little lower range. I still want to get a nice studio sub woofer, but it's going to have to wait...

Last edited by a moderator:
Back