Studio Business

T

The Light

Does anyone on FP have their own recording studio business? If so, can you tell me about your business plan (start up cost, loan?, equipment cost, how much to get INCorporated/LLC, number of employees, certifications you had to get if any, where did you go to school/learn to engineer, etc.)? I'm thinking about starting a recording studio business as it is a need in my area. Need advice on where to start. Thanks.

Does anyone on FP have their own recording studio business? If so, can you tell me about your business plan (start up cost, loan?, equipment cost, how much to get INCorporated/LLC, number of employees, certifications you had to get if any, where did you go to school/learn to engineer, etc.)? I'm thinking about starting a recording studio business as it is a need in my area. Need advice on where to start. Thanks.

You'd probably be better off asking this one at Gearslutz.

LLC = Approx. $100 (at least in Oregon, it is). Ridiculously cheap compared to the rest of the cost of a commercial studio.

Cost = However much you want to spend, really. Are you going to build it from scratch on empty land? Are you going to rent a property? Are you going to go all-analog? Are you going to hire an acoustician to help you design the rooms? What kind of mic locker are you going to have available? Are you going to record vocalists? Entire bands? The cost can vary wildly depending on your answers to these (and other) questions. You're going to need a BIG loan if you want to put together something impressive.

-Ki
Salem Beats

Hi;

I have a studio owner from Istanbul/Turkey named "Studio Circus".
First, I spent an average of 80 000 dollars. This money includes equipment , isolation , decoration vs.
Especially in Turkey in terms of studio business a terrible job to have. Because , in Turkey there is no have music industry.I would never mind if it was old. :)
But i know. We are all like to watch our new gears and for this reason we will spend a lot of monet in future :)))

Back