Starting your own independent label?

DevonBakerMusic

What up fellas.

Ok, I need some advice.

I've been in the music game for a few years now. I've sold a couple joints here and there and got a local buzz, but now with the shift in the business, it's time to capitalize.

I am two months in the making of starting my own independent label. I have a decent roster:

2 male rappers, 1 female and 1 male singer, 1 songwriter, 2 people for marketing & promotions, 1 video editor, 1 audio engineer and me acting as all other roles including music production obviously.

Since we've done a couple shows and actually got PAID a decent chunk of change I'm ALL in now and need to learn more.

My question is what else is needed to complete my team? I'm thinking attorney, booking agent and manager. Also, how and when do you think each member should be compensated? Just getting an idea of what you guys think?

How are your teams setup? Or your production crew etc...

P.S. Anybody in the Los Angeles area, PM me if you're interested in joining a solid team that's growing fast and what you can contribute.

What up fellas.

Ok, I need some advice.

I've been in the music game for a few years now. I've sold a couple joints here and there and got a local buzz, but now with the shift in the business, it's time to capitalize.

I am two months in the making of starting my own independent label. I have a decent roster:

2 male rappers, 1 female and 1 male singer, 1 songwriter, 2 people for marketing & promotions, 1 video editor, 1 audio engineer and me acting as all other roles including music production obviously.

Since we've done a couple shows and actually got PAID a decent chunk of change I'm ALL in now and need to learn more.

My question is what else is needed to complete my team? I'm thinking attorney, booking agent and manager. Also, how and when do you think each member should be compensated? Just getting an idea of what you guys think?

How are your teams setup? Or your production crew etc...

P.S. Anybody in the Los Angeles area, PM me if you're interested in joining a solid team that's growing fast and what you can contribute.

Have you read this??

51XRC3DlynL._BO2,204,203,200_PIsitb-sticker-arrow-click,TopRight,35,-76_AA300_SH20_OU01_.jpg

If not, do not make another move until you read this book.

Last edited:
Back