Sounds cuts off when I tweak a plugin! Also sound card pops! Help!

CM03

Lately I've been having issues in FL studio I haven't had before.

When ever I tweak a plugin, the sound of FL studio cuts out, then I have to manually restart it with the space bar. I can't mix like this. I have tried different sound card drivers and buffer settings but the problem still exists. It just started like 1-2 weeks ago. I tried disabling plugins on the master fader etc. but no luck.

Also on one of my beats, the monitors on FL studio (on top of screen) clip and the soundcard pops, and I can't get the sound back. I have to restart FL studio again, and it keeps doing it at the same portion of the beat. I disabled plugins on my master fader and tried to ensure all my plugins were gained staged properly and no luck.|

I use a Focusrite Scarlett Asio driver and the sound cuts off regardless of what brand of 3rd party plugin I use.

This is really killing making music for me and I'd like to know if any of you guys have any ideas!? Thanks!

Maybe your audio is clipping and FL Studio is muting itself to protect your ears and monitors. I know that Reaper mutes channels automatically if they go above +18 dB. check that. And which plugins are you using in the project and which one messes up when you tweak it?

Back