Soundclick Premium Ads?

H

HS Traxx

Do PREMIUM ads on SC actually work??

I had to wait 3 months for my front-page ad, and so far I don't see much of an improvement...

Thoughts/experiences?

Everyone I know who has bought the front-page ad says it always pays itself back minimum 3-fold. So you pay $100, you'll make at least $300 in beat sales in the following few days.

Anyone know the real reason why Soundclick fixed the chart-substitution feature? Can anyone say AD REVENUE? Greedy bastards.

Everyone I know who has bought the front-page ad says it always pays itself back minimum 3-fold. So you pay $100, you'll make at least $300 in beat sales in the following few days.

Anyone know the real reason why Soundclick fixed the chart-substitution feature? Can anyone say AD REVENUE? Greedy bastards.

damn that make alot of sense

but wait, 3 fold?? damn, im definitely about 2 concentrate on that. got the page looking professional, working on song quality, now i need to just promote it correctly, thankz, i been looking for a stright forward answer to this type of question for a while

I did the charts spotlight back in june and had good success with it, i made well over what i payed for the spotlight but i didnt make a lot of my sales till the day after the promo, so maybe you will have more luck tmrw

I haven't used it yet, but might consider it in a few months. Usually the promo song of the day gets in the top 10 so you should see some nice results within the next few days.

Cool, thanks for the info WHP.

Well I've gotten around 10,000 plays and one lease today (not bad but I've done better without ads), so I'm hoping it gets better the next few days.

Will keep yall updated.

I bought a front page ad about a year ago and the track ended up in the #4 overall in HipHop and like #14 overall on soundclick. I got quite a few emails and text messages from people interested in it but not one person wanted to actually pay, everyone wants **** for free. I don't know, that was only one experience and I'll probably try it again in a few months. I don't think I've updated that page since. I think it's about time to do a little soundclick house keeping, LOL!

^^^ damn 4real? nobody tried 2 buy it? where they interested in any of your other tracks?

lol 10k plays *drools*.. dayum I didn't even know people could do numbers like that... I have about 4k+ plays a day

I saw you though this morning bro( yeah i peep at the charts in the morning, prolly midnight for you or sumthin)

Hope you will get that bread... I will put a word about you on my page haha ! anyway, I'm out of the sales for some time so better that my 4k plays a day serve someone ! getting you 14k ;)

Will catcha later, keep that fire,

lol 10k plays *drools*.. dayum I didn't even know people could do numbers like that... I have about 4k+ plays a day

I saw you though this morning bro( yeah i peep at the charts in the morning, prolly midnight for you or sumthin)

Hope you will get that bread... I will put a word about you on my page haha ! anyway, I'm out of the sales for some time so better that my 4k plays a day serve someone ! getting you 14k ;)

Will catcha later, keep that fire,

Right there with ya. *drooling* LoL!
I thought 2k was an accomplishment.

Anyways good luck HS and keep us posted on how its worked out for you!

-Peace

^^^ damn 4real? nobody tried 2 buy it? where they interested in any of your other tracks?

Honestly, I can't even remember if I had any other tracks uploaded at that time. I've had several people ask about my tracks and then say, "I can't pay, but I'll give you full credit." Full credit for what? A no name rapper that will never release an album? I look at it like this, if the artist is not willing to invest in their own career, it's not worth my time. I remixed a track for a group last year for free and I will never do that again unless they are truly talented. This group was not talented, LOL! (but then again I did a pretty weak job on the remix because it seemed pretty pointless). A track can take anywhere from a few hours to a few days to track, arrange, mix, etc, and I believe that is worth something.

A track can take anywhere from a few hours to a few days to track, arrange, mix, etc, and I believe that is worth something.

I agree with you there. I've hooked up plenty of people. As a matter of fact, i'm still doin it.LoL..I guess I haven't learned my lesson....*SMH*

only got 593 plays today lol....most this month is 2.4k
i should do one of those front pages

Hey guys, glad to report that I've made my money back from the add in 3 days. I'm doing half price leases right now so that may be why I it took me that long, but its getting me good exposure.

And about the plays... 10k is pretty ok for me, but Ive gotten 8-10k for half a month straight without any ads before my insane 6month beat block, so I don't know if the ads were worth the $100.

There's some ppl on here (like WHP) who've gotten 1m plays in a month! That's like 33k plays a day with no ads! Insane...

a few of my beats made it to the top 50 with out ads i had a vip account back in 06-07 tho when i first was on it hard that did help alot.. then i stop updatin for a min

Last edited by a moderator:
That's really cool HS I think I have to invest in that 10k per day is a lot of plays I make 800-900

Hey guys, glad to report that I've made my money back from the add in 3 days. I'm doing half price leases right now so that may be why I it took me that long, but its getting me good exposure.

And about the plays... 10k is pretty ok for me, but Ive gotten 8-10k for half a month straight without any ads before my insane 6month beat block, so I don't know if the ads were worth the $100.

There's some ppl on here (like WHP) who've gotten 1m plays in a month! That's like 33k plays a day with no ads! Insane...

You've inspired me. I'm going to get off my tail and do a tag and start upping beats!

Back