Sound Driver Problem

dmweinbe

So recently I bought additional ram for my computer (upgraded from 2 gigs to 4 gigs). To my dissapointment, It did not make a significant differerce in the performance of my PC. Frustrated, I started deleting programs off the computer in the hope that that would help the computers performance. In the process of this I accidental deleted my sound driver. I run windows xp but my computer does not have internet access and ever time I attempt to install xp sound drivers the installer wants to connect to the internet. Any suggestions?

Sound driver

Well, you may need another computer to download the right drivers for your pc. Do you have any special sound drivers or do you use the basic windows sound drivers? You may be able to download the generic drivers from several sites (usually something like "realtek 97" or something like that), but definitely you should be able to go to your computer manufacturer's site and download the sound drivers from there. Once you're there, download it to USB drive or other type of media and transfer it to your computer.

As for your performance issues, maybe your processor is not fast enough? For example, if your program required at least 2GHz processor and you have a 1.8GHz, it's going to go choppy on you no matter what you do. You may need another program.

Sorry if that's the case. Hey, I've been through many obstacles myself that just keeps holding you back. Just keep pushin forward, yo.

You can improve the performance of XP by switching off all the fisher-price looking crap, but it all depends on what you are trying to run, also it would be handy to know what audio interface you have, and you might want to look into ASIO for all.

I'm running Fl Studio 9 Producer Addition with Native instruments vsts such as urban arsenal 2 and vintage machines (which is dope if anyone was wondering).

Back