SONY Vaio with ACID music studio and Sound Forge Audio?

dksucharda

Looking at a Sony Vaio SVS15127pxb. Its at the top of my budget but has all the specs I believe are necessary for a good entry level computer for recording. I am brand new to the recording world so this is all totally new for me. Long term, I like using protools because, from what I read it is the industry standard. However, this computer comes with ACID music studio and Sound Forge Audio. I'm not sure what versions of these software products they are, but I'm curious if anyone has any comments or experience with either of these software (DAW) platforms . I thought it would be a good way for me to be able to start recording right away and get my feet wet. Thanks.

You're probably paying more for the bloatware and brand. Vaios tend to be on the more expensive end for stuff like backlit keyboards and style. I'd research other computers with the same specs(processor, hard drive space, ram, ect.)you can probably find a waaaayyyyyy better deal...unless you just really like the Vaio.

As for pro Tools, there is no "industry standard". Depending on other artists you plan to interact with you may want to go with a certain program, but if you're just starting, you have the world of programs at your disposal.

Once upon a time you had to use Pro Tools if you were interacting with others, but because of how music has changed over the last few years, you'll run into just as many users of Ableton Live, Logic Pro, FL Studio, ect. as you will Pro Tools users. People have had to adapt to crossing platforms while collaborating.

Thanks for the info. I have seen ableton live, FL studio, and Logic Pro talked about a lot and are common, well known DAW platforms, but I haven't seen or heard much about ACID By sony. Nor have I heard about Sounforge studio. Is this decent DAW or is it a Cracker Jack box DAW?

IMO, Acid is a great daw for loop based production. Every daw has different pros and cons, I think Acid is a less discussed DAW these days because of alot of ways you have to approach tasks within it. I'd suggest researching it should be tons of youtube vids floating around.

Back