Song Titles

Lord Thathidge

Spectral Disco Pimp
OK guys, here's one for ya.

How do you go about giving your songs a title/name?

I mean, where you've got a vocal track, you at least have reference matter to look to but what about for example with progresive/techno or trance tracks where there is no vocal?

Personally, I tend have a distant reference point when working on a song for example, an idea came to me whilst sitting on the roof of my office block watching the solar eclipse in august 1999 and listening to the background hum of civilisation . As I looked over the park beneath me I thought to myself 'FECK! Its quite a way down there' (the block had 20 storeys) and I suddenly decided that I am not a lover of heights.

Thus 'Vertigo' was born.

Just curious as to whether you people have any other methods of naming your pieces?

Some of my song titles:
Where are my pants?
Acidic Pussy
Amigaland
Bells, Oh ****
Blip
Crunch-Grind
Bunny Assistant
Brush Yo Teef
Dancing Douche bag
Elbow Potatoes
Fierce Fizunkohgr
Hamsters on fire
Lawngnomes anonymous
Poor Drums
Stutter'd Herd
The Jizm
Vile Inquisition
trance defication
Resquille Factor
asdf
Pee in my ear, I think I'm pregnant

It's basically just random thoughts or what the song makes me think at first thought.

Usually I'll name a song when I first save it and then change the name if I don't like it when I finally put out the mp3...so I loose track of songs because the work file and mp3 are different titles.

I dont make trance or nothing but Im sure we all go about naming our songs in pretty much a similair fashion.

usually, I think about what the song is going to represent for me. now depending on what I write about, then that will be my name for the song. I usually sometimes just come up with a hook for a track, and take say the last line of the hook and that will be the name.

Hope this helps ya..

By the way - a 'hook' is a chorus. just incase you didnt know :D

I just use whatever nice thing pops up in my head, hence the titles "Money Brings Out The A§§hole In Me", "The CIA Planted This", "Aren't We Just A Ray Of F*cking Sunshine" and so forth...

Hey Mattu, looks like you've got some issues there mate.

...and as for you Mr Alliance...what is going on inside that head of yours?

putting a name to a song is easy like the beeotch that i hate or rainbow tears in which a girl is crying and her make up running get it.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back