Sonar 7

official$oulja

Can anyone help with the the setup for recording vocals on sonar 7 producer edition? Running Hp G7 series quad core, Presonus audio box Usb, Mxl 990 Its telling me dropout when i tried to record

Dropouts usually have to do with your audio drivers. What are your latency settings? My first guess without much info would be to raise your latency a little bit.

Now it records perfectly fine accept when I hit the space bar to start the track it says dropout and i just click it over and over till it plays and I can record lol I think the latency is at 256 I tried changing it to the numbers on sonars website all the way up to 2000 something and it still didint change..I have a Hp g7 series laptop would i be able to change my audio driver?

Need to check audio drivers for Presonus, not Sonar, go to the Presonus website, and check for latest driver for your particular OS, x64 bit-x32 bit, and find latest driver, install, sometimes you may have to revert back to older driver. Trying not to confuse you, but you have different latency settings for recording and playback, that's where you have to find the happy medium. Do you have ASIO drivers, Sonar works best IMHO opinion w/ ASIO drivers, and I think that's across the board, just not Sonar. Good luck, keep posted!

Yea sounds about right cause when I got my audio box i was questioning to install the x32 bit or x64 bit and i went with the x64 bit not knowing of my computers setup or capabilities..And see i am not really sure if i have ASIO drivers on not I gotta look into it but I remember changing the settings to that and it still did the same thing..I am able to record now perfectly fine its just a pain I gotta press the space bar 5 to 10 times before it will go and occasionally drops out in the middle..Thanks for the feedback guys!

If you are recording fine, just go into Playback buffers and crank them, might get some decent listening, just remember to go back and change before recording. Sonar X1 is so different, wish I could help more, good luck once again!

Word I will try it out..Yea Sonar 7 is a Bit old, today I may be upgrading to Sonar 10.. And im taking my system to one of my close friends who knows how to get me running perfect thanks for the feedback tho!

Its crazy over there at the Cakewalk Forum, last night was the big update, we have all been waiting forX1d! And man, there are some pissed off people there, you had to rollback a version, then install, a big mess, but I got it finally, and man its bad-ass! You'll love it! Good luck.

Yea yo friend me you seem cool I just record and produced my first track it will be up March.20 for the mixtape you see on my avi! ..Yea I only have sonar 7 but my homie says it pretty good for what im doing right and I just Wave Bundles Diamond today it made my system worth so much more! Im trying to get a Bigger hard drive soon and make it a beast!

Awesome I will check it out! Speaking of hard drives, I live in Indiana, close to Sweetwater Music Store(online too), and they have a lot of professionals, well they are all pros that work there, but anyways, you get a personal "helper" when you buy something there! Been doing my purchasing there for years, with the same guy, so he knows my system better than me! They like to use Glyph hard drives, made just for audio/video, I have the 500 gb GT 050Q, and its quiet,7200 rpm, and they have sales all the time on them, just a suggestion. One last tid-bit, watch out for the "green" drives, they have a tendency to save power when not in use, or something to that effect, so may want to steer clear of those. Glad you're having fun, keep it up, be waiting for that music, later!

Sonar 7 and 8 are known for having drop out issues. Upgrades to X1 are cheap. I have been running on X1 for 2 weeks now without a single audio drop out

X1Producer Expanded w/ X1d patch, stable Mable, and I'm on a 2 yr. old HP Pavilion laptop W/ 2.0 DuoCore! They got it right for me anyway, only thing missing is gapless audio engine, and I don't even notice it!

Back