Some of my music sounds "unresolved".

Siberian Stars

Hello, I am about 1.5months in to making music and I have had a few tracks where I have gotten criticism that my song sounds unresolved.

I kinda understand what they mean, but I have no idea on how I should address it. My worst offenders are:

Has anybody had an issue with this before? How should I improve in this aspect?

Thank you!

Last edited:
I listened to the first track, and I'd imagine most people probably mean "unresolved" in a sort of anti-climactic way. It built up for a while, but there wasn't necessarily a "drop" or main release of energy in the track. I personally enjoyed it though, and I think you've made great progress if you've only been producing for a few weeks now.

I'd advise you to get a better understanding of how to build and release energy in a dance track, as I imply that is the genre of music you're making. Good job though.

just find ways to add more variation and effects, or random sounds that appears here and there.. because without vocals, the beats get repetitive.

By variation, I mean in every loop, not just adding more instruments as the song plays.

the song doesn't really go anywhere... it stays on the same vibe the whole time with minimal switches... it just needs more.. it comes with experience and having an ear for shit..

You can learn about what pitches resolve with what other ones by learning some basic music theory if this is a melodic issue.

Back