Software/MPC Setup

aairoh

Hi, i'm fairly new to all this - i've had logic X for a while and mess around on that - but I mainly got it for recording - not making music. I was wanting to start producing some tracks and was thinking of getting an Akai MPC Ren or Maschine Studio, and wondered what software was best to get for that/producing?? I wanted to do some sampling etc. Or if people think i should get different hardware, what do you suggest?
Cheers.

Last edited:
With Logic X, you have everything that you need to make music, period. You don't need an MPC Renaissance or Maschine Studio, those would be a compliment to Logic X, but not necessary. Take the time to learn Logic before buying more equipment, don't make that mistake. As long as you have the essentials, an audio interface, a microphone, a MIDI keyboard and the DAW, you're good.

Check out this Logic X training book on getting the most out of Logic X. I don't have X, but the last version of Logic that I bought was Logic Studio, and that book got me well versed in using Logic. I can now use Logic about as well as I can Reason.

Let me know if I can help.

Back