Social Media Networking

Vincent Paul

Hey everyone I would some advise on what the best course to take in this scenario.

(The details)
I've been a bit more active on social media specifically instagram and messaged a couple of artist I would like to work with. I made sure I demonstrated I was a genuine fan of their work, took the time to listen to some of their recent projects to better strike the conversations, long story short we've chatted a bit and eventually I ask if I could send them some beats for potential projects they may be working on. One of them is someone I lost touch with from a few years back.
I sent about 5-7 of my beats out to them and gave them about 5 days to check them out and respond. When I didn't hear from them, I followed up on IG message & text, interestingly they both noted like one specific beat I sent. I thought it'd be good idea to feature both artists on the song and they were both ok with it, this was about a 2 months ago now.

Long story short I haven't heard back from either of them. I followed up with the one guy I knew, he said he hadn't started working on it yet (about a week ago)

(The Question(S))
What would ya'll do when artist don't respond to your follow up for collab?
How do you effectively seek collabs and get artists interested in working with you?
What would y'all recommend I do next? Kill the project and move to the next prospects cause I don't want to drill them about doing a collab if they're acting uninterested.
Considering I'm not charging for this specific project, wouldn't they want to jump on it since they already pointed their interest in the beat?

Help a brother out :hmmm:

Thanks

If an artist doesn't respond to a follow up for collab, I'd ask them for a written statement in an email only.
For collabs I would start with forums such as FP and send copyrighted samples of my work.
You should kill the project and move on.

Last edited:
Back