So Who else uses Sony Acid Pro?

Been using Acid Pro for years (using 7 now) for recording and mixing..I edit in Sound forge 9. Sound forge lets you do some great stuff to vocals.. and master with Izotope ozone 4.. To me there is nothing better for mixing than Sony Acid Pro 7 & Sony sound forge 9.. Just saying! but I'm about to buy a Mac and i've been thinking of a new program that will give me the same controll as acid, and the same detailed editing as sound forge? If anybody knows of such then please let me know..thank you..

I used to use Acid, but just for recording, not actually working with beats. I'd love to know if there was a website with Acid tutorials, or even some threads or forums where guys talked about it. I'm curious what Acid can do.

Check out DJ Pain 1 on youtube (I'll put a link after the text) he uses Acid Pro to make beats and record. Actually he produced a track on young Jeezy's Last album called "Jeezy dont do it" and he has worked with alot of other artists like Trina and Yo Gotti.. Dude is real good at getting back to people with questions and he has alot of videos on how to mix and master with acid pro (some are almost 2 years old but still good).. wont let me post link, so youtube "Mixing in acid pro" or "Dj Pain 1"...

I've been making use of acid since 3.0 to 4.0 to 5.0 then now I use this cheap acid music studio 7. It's all about it's looping beatmapping and EQ though I prefer pro over what I have now. I just record off the keyboard or mic. used to record an MPC1000 which it worked (sounded) great with acid's grunged or grimed down sound.

I took a loss and had to sell a bunch of my stuff and thats why I'm using the cheap version but I'm slowly rebuilding the lab. Ideally I'm going to keep my yamaha and Roland keyboards my firewire410 and buy another standard sampler, probably check out the SP-606 since I like a "90's classic" feel to my music and then get another acid pro for the looping (which is so underrated to do) and Protools for the mastering which I have a hunch is going to be worth the investment. I've been pleased with Acid's mastering capabilities though I sense a ceiling that I believe protools will help me overcome.

Fruity Loops and Midi sequencing I always felt was a little trashy. Not in a good way either. Acid is sterile as any DAW is yet has a grime and raw quality that keep it in the realm of sampling (the art part of recording). midi arrangement in FL might sound cleaner than Acid or seem easier. but really who can try to compare the seriousness. a great majority of somebody's will be using FL and that's fine with me cus Acid has been a tool and instrument, not only 'a way to make dope sound".

Artistic Expression once achieved has no comparison. In A.P. I can achieve professional levels of musical integrity with Sampling, recording, Keyboard playing, drum machine playing, arrangement, composition and the list goes on. I went from pure looping then to writing and recording raps the to mixing, then to song composition and production. Acid's taken me from Hip Hop to Dance to Rock and back through them all. So long as Sony keeps the support going for the 'foundry' it just might be the tool that Artists like myself (and name drop Eminem) use in our works.

---------- Post added at 10:37 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:36 AM ----------

I used to use Acid, but just for recording, not actually working with beats. I'd love to know if there was a website with Acid tutorials, or even some threads or forums where guys talked about it. I'm curious what Acid can do.

AcidPlanet.com as far as I know fits your descrpition.

ive been using acid 6.0 forever now, i'm anxious to get to get to acid 7.0

yea but i love it, if i was to try anything else, it would be hardware....

right click on any track

select Insert/Remove Envelope
Volume enlevope=shift+V
Pan envelope=shift+P

right click on the track you want to automate the FX and
select automate FX envelopes

only way I found to do it

maybe that's what you're doing with the pencil tool right

-Coach Antonio
"Let Me Handle your next Praise Party"

Make Money from Your Music New Money Marketing Forum
Music Business Professionals Read Their Tips
Elite Services for those Who Want to Attain their Goals
Research and Information Gathering Expert
Building Relationships to Build Success
Get the Information and Direction You Deserve
The Walking On Water Media/Ent. Business Coach Antonio​

I use ACID Pro for recording and mixing. I have Ableton too for live performance and can record/arrange the same as ACID but somehow I still go back to ACID for recording and mixing...

Back