"So Far"- Rapping and Beat . Inspirational Track (F4F)

Hey guys give me some honest feedback on this. My 2nd rap recording, I made the beat. Interested to hear honest feed about the vocals, as this is new to me :berzerk: thanks! peace F4f as always. RR

Last edited:
First of all, I'm not super into this kind of rap, that's just me.

Looking at it objectively though, I'd say this is real professional. Considering you are BOTH and MC and a producer the beat is great, even if the intro gets a bit long. Everything else is on point.

The rapping is tight, and your flow is mostly good. The recording quality of the vocals is top notch.

The only proper criticism I have is the hook, which kinda meanders and just floats above the track kinda needlessly. It feels a bit lazy.

Overall it's a good track though.

lyrics are good. The melody in the beggining sound like is off beat, and hook on chorus seems like is off beat. Overall nice job, I think it need a little changes and is great. :)
keep it up!

Thanks a lot guys. Guess matress in the corner wasnt a complete disaster for the home booth haha. Yeah I need to get more into layering.. Ive messed around with FPC but its a b*tch because on each pad you can track all the layers only as one. Yeah I agree the hook is swaying a little off beat. Ill make the changed thanks peeps. Let me holla for feedback now.

I agree with mmc7, the little beginning melody and the hook is a bit off beat. As far as layering goes though, I usually aways turn the overdubs down a bit and add a very subtle fast tape delay, it kinda fills it out without it being too much. Also, for the hook Ill usually layer it 3 times, 2 hard panned, and one in the center. I usually just send with 2 panned tracks to the same bus as the verse and then mix the center track a little differently just to change it up a bit from the rest of the song. Good work though.

The track sounds ok. The beginning melody is off beat a little bit try quantinzing it and adding some background chords to help the track move forward making for a better lead into the vocals. Get in there and add some more layers of sound to fill out. Me personally, kind of as a general rule of thumb..each sound i use in a track is usually 5 or more layers deep, meaning that I have 5 or more sounds that are creating one sound. . The vocals are good the highs are a little high maybe a little eq tweaks will clear that up. But ur on the right track tho, im not a rapper, but the fact that u made the beat and rapped the lyrics definitely deserves credit! Good $hit bro

Pretty dope track. Didn't feel the Hi-hat tho'... All over the place. Otherwise dope.

Hows it going Ninja, Rap sounds dope. Got the right idea. I think the production has dope music and the right melodies. Try throwing some effects on them. Maybe like a reverb or a delay on that main lead. Might give it some more space. Kinda remind me of atmosphere. Get a real mix and this might benefit. Thanks for the feed brah.

hey guys thanks fo rthe feed. I agree with yall about layering, its something I need to fux with more. Haha props in the Atmosphere comparison. One love yall

not bad bro...ya i would def mix the vocals better...yes layering could work or try putting a maximizer on them and compress them a bit to get rid of the silibance..maybe some threshold limiting??...as for the chorus goes, yes layering would be ideal...try doing multiple takes with different takes with different tones..you know? Anyhow give me a listen https://www.futureproducers.com/for...eedback/now-your-gone-f4f-100%-return-468897/

Last edited:
Back