Should I quit rapping and stick to producing?

XerobX

I'm 17 years old and i signed a football scholarship, but i love rap and football equally. I'm thinking to just stick to producing since I will be going to a christian college and just create rap instrumentals and help out other artist because my college is located in Montgomery, Alabama the capital of the state. I like rapping, but it might interfere with my football and academics, especially since its a christian college and i don't wanna get kicked out for any nonsense. So i'm thinking about juts focusing solely on producing and see what happens. Suggestions?

I think you might be right. When you graduate you're production skills will be good enough to the point where you can make your beats and rap over them. I think it's a good idea to hold off. Besides, you could make some extra money if you sell the beats in college.

Just write clean raps while your there and concentrate on wordplay. Then when you grad, you aint gotta waist time trying to get back into it. Chamillionaire does clean raps and nobody notices.

Last edited:
Back