Shockwave (tech trance) - original music

firesoundwave

Hey, I have just released my first track: Shockwave, a tech trance song with a video under my new studio/artist name: Fire Soundwave

It is also free to download the mp3 on my site at www.firesoundwave.com/music

Let me know what you think

More music and videos will be coming soon.

Last edited:
Okay so the first 48 seconds are just a shockwave of random samples, or midi. WHICH ( I HAVE NOT LISTENED TO TECH TRANCE) so idk if this is how it goes. I got signed on a record label for melodic trance. That bass behind the kick clashes so much idk if thats also how tech trance works. I do like the lazer type synths you have kind of panning or just having movement. 2:12 is okay its just that underlying bass you have going on or whatever you have layered with that kick. It clashes to much. Not a bad track. But also I come from a more melodic stand point on trance ( I make bass music now) but its really all over the place melody wise. You have melodies going in one key then introducing another one in another key. Which can be good. But idk sounds kinda funky to me that kick and layer sounds more like some hard style type stuff. BUT HEY IDK I HAVENT LISTENED TO TECH TRANCE. So please dont take this personally haha :p I just was giving my two sense. Not bad but also not extremely good either.

Hi there. Thanks for your feedback. I appreciate your honest opinion. I was not sure what genre to call it. It is not strictly techno or trance or anything else. Tech trance seemed to be the closest fit and I did listen to some examples and it sounded similar. If I just call it Electro or EDM, then people have even less of an idea of what it might sound like. I also like to try and make my songs a bit unique and not use the standard sounds.
I actually like the introduction, I did not use any samples or midi, I never do. I also used a fair bit of automation and attention to the rhythms and melodies to try and make it feel organic and building up to the drop in a meaningful way. Not sure why it did not work for you but I will think about how it could be improved.
I am not sure what you mean about the keys. Not every note must be in a strict key or scale all the time, it just needs to sound good. It does to me. Maybe it is just a matter of taste but I will certainly pay attention to this too.
I certainly don't take it personally. I want as much feedback as possible. Thank you for taking the time to reply.

Last edited:
haha you put he melody in the background and I can tell you its not in key at all. I mean some parts are. But if you take the 6th of the scale and lower it down 1 half step it will sound good and if you have the 3rd and raise it, IT MIGHT sound good. but ya thats just people might about it.

Back