Sending to a pro mastering engineer

Daniel Carroll

Should this be done? I've watched a video of Armin van Buuren and he revealed he sends his tracks to people to be mastered. So obviously not something to be overlooked. Anyone know good pro mastering engineers with reasonable prices?

'Should this be done? '

It's a question no one else but you can answer. If your music is it worth to you than probably yes. If not than probably not. :)

If you're interested in my service, hit me up.
Free preview, no commitments on anything, about 17 years in the game, 30€/song.

Should this be done? I've watched a video of Armin van Buuren and he revealed he sends his tracks to people to be mastered. So obviously not something to be overlooked. Anyone know good pro mastering engineers with reasonable prices?
If you're doing music for friends and family and it's more of a hobby, I wouldn't sweat it, but if it's something that you are taking seriously and you want to put out the best presentation possible, then I'd give it a shot.

As said above. There's a lot of competition and getting a preview is one way of weeding out someone who will do your mixes justice verses the weekend warriors. Quality mastering is not all that expensive these days. Good luck.

Last edited:
Its always nice to have another set of ears on your music to really put it over the edge. Plus if your mixing/mastering your own productions its sometimes hard to tell whats right to do technically. Check out soundbetter.com they have phenomenal mastering engineers.

Yes - no matter how good of an engineer you are, its always worth having a mastering engineer involved if you're serious. Especially if it's for an EP/Album and you need a consistent volume across the project. Also make sure you find one who understands the difference between loudness and dynamics - mastering is not just putting a compressor or limiter on a master bus and cranking the level up.

Like being a good producer, or a good mixing engineer - a good mastering engineer will have years of practice and trial and error under their belt - it isn't someone who started last week ;)

Mastering is definitely worth it for getting the best out of your track (assuming it is a good mastering engineer with a pro set up/room).
It's also nice even if it is just for you/smaller audience to have it for posterity sounding all flashy.

These two scenarios are very likely in your case:

A) The mastering engineer receives it and does it, when he should not have. Was it the right thing to send it? No.
B) The mastering engineer receives it and rejects it, and he should have. Was it the right thing to send it? Yes.

So as you can see, both yes and no. It depends on the mastering engineer.

Last edited:
Back