Selling beats online - Need some profesional help

yodabeatss

Been making beats consistently for a few years now and have finally reached the level where people are interested in buying my beats.
This is a really exciting time for me and I am very happy about it.
However, I have a few questions first.

1. How do I legally sell a beat?
----- Do I send them a contract through email (based on whether or not it is leased or exclusive), have them sign it, scan it, and send it back to me?

2. What is the best payment option for selling a beat? Is it paypal?

3. What else do I need to know?

Thanks to everyone who can help

PayPal is what 99% of people selling online use to accept payments. Many producers just send a .pdf contract stating all the terms and agreements of the purchase. You can use a site like Beatstars too and they handle all the purchasing questions and contracts, they do take a percentage but I've sold a lot of beats on there to people I would have never reached using just my own site.

PayPal is what 99% of people selling online use to accept payments. Many producers just send a .pdf contract stating all the terms and agreements of the purchase. You can use a site like Beatstars too and they handle all the purchasing questions and contracts, they do take a percentage but I've sold a lot of beats on there to people I would have never reached using just my own site.

So all you have to do is send them a .PDF of the contract and it is assumed that they have read and understand everything in there??
You dont have to ask them to sign it for you or anything?

Last edited:
Back