Sampling in Logic and FLStudio....(Bootcamp).....

NaturalHTE

I watched a few videos on sampling in Logic but the samples never play when I hit the keys. Would anyone be willing to hit me on my cell to work this problem out? I followed all the instructions on JBlaze's youtube video but my samples don't play at all. I don't know what the problem is. And how do you "snap" to piano roll so they don't overlap and make an extra bar? Someone please help? I'm using Logic on my Macbook Pro and FLStudio on Bootcamp. Does anyone know how to sample on FLStudio while using bootcamp? When I was using my other laptop I was able to record what was playing on the laptop but my Mac doesn't let me? Do I need a different soundcard or is there a program?

I can prolly help you out your Logic issues, but first, can you clarify, are you using the EXS sampler? What type of file are you trying to play back? One shots? Loops? Which version of logic are you using?
I'm not exactly sure what you're asking as far as the piano roll goes, but I think this could possibly help: you can change what divisions (1/16th note, 1/8th note and such) your midi notes are quantized to with the drop down list either on the piano roll toolbar area, or in the "midi thru" portion of the inspector. If you have the quantize set too wide, you're gonna have overlapping notes after you quantize them.

I'm guessing your issue is something like this: On a snare drum track that ends with a rapidfire fill, you try to snap it to the grid with the quantize set at 1/8-note, and everything is good until the fill, and then its a loud, phasey mess. If so, you've gotta choose a smaller division to quantize your fill to (such as 1/32, 1/48, 1/64).

I hope that helps, and I can definitely help if you can clarify some of the problems you're having.

Back