Sampling from USB Turntable into NI Maschine - HELP!!

Aeternitas

Hi All,

Just a quick Maschine related question (as per usual).

I'm heading out today to purchase a Numark or Sherwood USB turntable. Before anyone is tempted to chastise me for not considering purchasing a Technics SL1200, please know that I am opting for the AUD$240 turntable as it will solely be used for sampling into my NI Maschine.

My question however is this... How do I wire up the turntable to my Tascam US144 audio interface... The turntable does have USB outputs, as well as stereo RCA outputs. My US144 however, does not have RCA inputs but has 2 1/4inch line in inputs (L + R). Is my best option to get a RCA to 1/4inch connector and run one mono RCA to one 1/4inch input, or to run both RCAs to one 1/4inch input, or to run BOTH RCAs to BOTH 1/4inch inputs?

Any suggestions? The reason I'm not planning on relying on just the USB output is because I want my NI Maschine to pick up the turntable as an input device for live sampling.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks fam.

[J]

---------- Post added at 05:22 AM ---------- Previous post was at 04:43 AM ----------

Help pleeeeease peeps!

---------- Post added at 06:06 AM ---------- Previous post was at 05:22 AM ----------

Damn, just thought of something else too... Do i need a preamp when using a USB turntable for sampling into Maschine?

---------- Post added at 12:09 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:06 AM ----------

Wow, not feeling the FP Fam love today!

Back