Sampled Beat, Vinnie Paz type beat.

This is a fresh track. Sample selection is nice and chops are nice too. This beat has potential to be even more iller though. You need some more variation in your drums. Specifically the hit hat. You should ease up on that and let the track breathe a bit because the hi hats didn't even stop once or change pattern once. Your snare is cool but I feel like you could probably pick a better kick. The kick you have is good still but I know you could find a better one! This is good though and you def take this track to next level with a bit of work.

Here's mine: New Beginnings (prod. Simulated Dreams)

Hi Drekk.
The beat sounds nice. Reminds me of a mc battle of Vinnie vs 5 others hehe. Definitely needs a chorus part if you want people to use it for a song (duh hehe). Keep it up and what i allways say: variety in the track makes it easier to listen to.

MGB

awesome beat, dope sample, it definitly sound like a jedi mind tricks type beat. Vinnie paz rapping over this would be dope.
Its a bit repitive though, u should change things up a bit by adding some breaks and a hook, some kind of intro and outro would also be nice'
It could also use a bassline
Overall i see great potential in this, there are some things u could add to make it even doper.

https://soundcloud.com/gauskaos/desert-stalker

Thanks to everyone for the feedback, I honestly didn't expect to get a lot of feedback on this track, haha. It was just a quick thing I threw together, literally spent maybe 20 minutes on it. What happened was I was working on another beat and this chop was from the sample I was using but it didn't fit with any of the other chops I had so I just looped it and threw a beat on it cause I thought it was a dope little chop. I put a little variation on the percussion every fourth bar, but not much I know. I went to grab my bass and write a bassline too but then a buddy of mine showed up to write/record so I just said F*** it and rendered the track how it was and put it up for a cheap lease. I know a lot of artists who don't write hooks on all of their tracks who would use this either as a cypher type beat or just rhyme all the way through it, so that's more of what I saw it being used for. If anybody records on it any time soon I'll post it up. Check out my Vivaldi flip ----> https://www.futureproducers.com/forums/production-techniques/flip/vivaldi-flip-469739/ <---- to hear more of the same style but in a more complete form/more variety and changes, I'll post it in the showcase section, seems like there's more feedback here.

If I haven't returned your feedback yet I will, I'm trying to check out everybody's links now, thanks for all the comments, I really appreciate it!

Back