SaintJoe has the Beat Thang!.....

The Tone Ranger

Still here.....
I know he will post videos soon.....he JUST got it in an hour ago. http://www.soundsandgear.com is where it's at for reviews.

---------- Post added at 12:54 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:41 AM ----------

Word on the net is (had to say it).....lol.....that the ones that have been shipped out are going out for Beta testing. That means that Joe and others are going through the functionalities of the machine looking for bugs in the OS. Supposedly the build is the final one, and it will be on the production line come next NAMM. (Albeit that was said before.....but I'm trying to deny this to myself.)

I know the Blang and Bang FX names sound kind of corny and all.....but if the machine does the job it's meant to do, I do not give a f@#k. It's geared more towards hip hop heads (though any gender can be made with it) so I'm guessing that is why it uses hip hop terms like Bang instead of Compression. I'ts portable (battery powered), has XLR inputs with Phantom power, 1gb flash ram/rom, and streams audio directly from CF cards. No other sampler/sequencer has these features. It's basically a recorder/sequencer/sampler that is portable. Damn straight.

---------- Post added at 12:57 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:54 PM ----------

Oh yeah.....It may go hand in hand with the Beat Thang software. If this is the case.....Maschine is in danger.

I would of bought it this if it was promoted so ghettofied. All that was missing was a black guy walking around with a bucket of KFC and some pimps. i mean bling blang? wtf? are they serious. i would of bought this if they didnt show that in the video.

Not hating but if this makes it to the selves of stores it will be the fruit loops of hardware

I sure hope so for my sake! Lol. I love FL! Sold my TS88 because FL could do the sequencing/synthesizing/and sampling sooooo much easier. I miss it though.....it was my 3rd piece of gear. Big, bulky, and I move around from place to place too much. I'm NEVER going to give up my ST224 though. To each their own is how I feel. I LOVE hardware too.....especially easy to learn and use hardware that I can get my workflow on river style with. I know downloading FL has brought MANY beatboop beat makers out and flooded the world with wackness.....but it doesn't hurt me. The wacker their beats, the better mine sound! Bwahahahaaaaaa!!!!!:monkey:

maschine aint in danger the 1.6 added vst support

the mpc1k may be in danger

Heck yeah. That is awesome! I never used the Maschine.....but it is sounding better and better with every update. It is definetly one of the pieces out there that is giving me G.A.S.

i think it will be dope but i aint an early adopter give em time to iron out quirks, plus i still feel its over priced.

they need to get it down to $600 - $700, $1000 is too much.

but if they got it in at $500 they'd sell a shed load

right now im so happy with mashine there is no hunger for this joint when i had the 1k i was eager to get away but the thang was not out

Last edited:
Not hating but if this makes it to the selves of stores it will be the fruit loops of hardware
i guess that means there will be a "9th Wonder" producer usin it too... one of those guys most of u speak highly of.. if the sounds, capabilities and sequencer is on point, then it doesnt matter.. NAMM is too damn long to wait, but i guess that just gives me more time to have the money for it.. i can never say i didnt have a chance to save.. lol

da relic

Those Beat Kings really let me down.
I was a beta tester too,but I can`t even get a email reply from them where mine is.
You can bet if I had one I would have a bunch or quality videos uploaded to youtube showing off the Beat thangs features and then some.

Back