Saigon: Speaks On Problems With Major Labels - Issues With 2 Chainz & Rick Ross

Now hold up. You know all that cypher stuff was pre written. All of it. Them dudes cannot touch Jay Pac or Big, and Pac was one of the only rappers who actually freestyled of the dome while Big and Jay had pre writtens. But Budden Royce Em and Ortiz would get it handed to them if they went on wax against Pac. Nobody beating that menace and Em is not even top 10 and either is Royce. Be Real.

Last edited by a moderator:
@TheLight...You nailed it. Exactly how I felt about it...but that's why I'm disappointed Saigon would take anything back before he made the statement you just did.

I doubt anyone took Sai serious when he said it, but that's why he shoulda checked dude for even thinkin it was worth bringing up in that sense.

Maybe Saigon has matured, I never thought the recant was out of fear, just think it's lame to take back anything you ever said.

---------- Post added at 09:54 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:52 PM ----------

Now hold up. You know all that cypher stuff was pre written. All of it. Them dudes cannot touch Jay Pac or Big, and Pac was one of the only rappers who actually freestyled of the dome while Big and Jay had pre writtens. But Budden Royce Em and Ortiz would get it handed to them if they went on wax against Pac. Nobody beating that menace and Em is not even top 10 and either is Royce. Be Real.
How did Big and Pac enter the convo? Seriously asking. Saying an artist is dope is in no way saying he's those guys.

Last edited:

Gummy Banks couldn't have said it better. Let me school some of my late teen and early twenty something contemporaries. Freestyle, in the late '80s early '90s sense, meant that you WROTE a rap about more than one topic that displayed your lyrical skills. FREE-OF-STYLE (form). As lyrical skills increased, freestyle began to be know as rapping off the top of your head. Most freestyle rap (battle raps, 106 & Park, Tha Basement, all this cypher stuff, etc.) is freestyle in the older sense. These lyrics are rehearsed and scripted with a time frame, etc. The other rappers in the cypher know what is going to be said before it is said. You can tell by the reactions of the people behind these rappers as they are "freestyling." Most think that they are not reciting written lyrics but more often than not they are. Royce in the top 10? You're entitled to your own opinion. Em? All time top 10? You're entitled to your own opinion.

---------- Post added at 01:19 AM ---------- Previous post was at 01:10 AM ----------

@TheLight...You nailed it. Exactly how I felt about it...but that's why I'm disappointed Saigon would take anything back before he made the statement you just did.

I doubt anyone took Sai serious when he said it, but that's why he shoulda checked dude for even thinkin it was worth bringing up in that sense.

Maybe Saigon has matured, I never thought the recant was out of fear, just think it's lame to take back anything you ever said.

---------- Post added at 09:54 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:52 PM ----------

How did Big and Pac enter the convo? Seriously asking. Saying an artist is dope is in no way saying he's those guys.

I agree with you Deranged. First, Saigon should have never retracted. He should have welcomed a rap beef with Gunplay and exposed this destructive mind who is degrading the art form that is rap. Second, to say that any rapper of late or who has gained an audience in the 21st century compares to past greats lacks any credibility (my opinion). Why? Content, content, content. Also, all the guys you listed were influenced by Big, Pac and Pun.

^^^But moreso than just Big. Pac, Pun...they were influenced by an era that was influenced by an era. Not arguing, just stating. Even Big Pac and Pun were influenced buy the Rakims, LLs, EPMDs who were influenced by the Bambattas, Kool Hercs, Grandmaster Flashes....they were influence by the Earth Wind and Fires...they were influenced by the James Browns/Jackie Robinsons...it will go back forever.

Mind you, i wasn't alive when rap emerged(missed it by a couple years), I just love music enough to follow it all.

Last edited:
been a fan since that "favorite things" track dropped forever ago. I even bought The Greatest Story Never Told

this track was real dope

Thank goodness freestyling died. I never got the point of making up stuff on the spot. Why not write something, polish it and perform it for the masses? The cypher thing is just a bunch of bums looking for props. Who makes money off of that stuff?

People want Big and Pac to rest but cant keep their names out their fkin mouth. Stop comparing artists to them niggas, Their time has came and went, let it go. Live in the past if you cant deal with the present.

Back