• Analog

Votes: 1 33.3%
  • Either way; Doesn't Matter

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Kavie

a.k.a. Bishop Jackson
For the hardware sampler users...

I know a lot of people avoid using the 8-outs on their MPCs (or MVs) and would rather just use the stereo output and track a beat track by track. And since more of the S/PDIF and ADAT outputs on these machines mimic the output signal of the main output, how many of you prefer them over the analog stereo outputs, or vice versa? And why?

I'm just curious. I was thinking of making the switch to tracking the next beat (which I haven't even began to make yet) I do with the S/PDIF output on my MPC2500 as a way of stepping toward getting rid of this old Mackie mixer that starting to give out on me while keeping the XLR combo inputs on my Fast Track Pro open for my mics and not have to switch back and forth between mic and MPC.

A friend at a studio I go to put me on the SPDIF. IMO the quality is much higher than simply using the quarter jacks to both bounce the beats and sample. Now it's the only thing I use

I dont know, I used the SPDIF in and out for a while on my 2000xl....eventually I went back to using the analog...the spdif just doesn't have the headroom that the analog in/out has. I guess if quality was a sticking point (tracking an album or something) I could see spdif being the route to go for most tracking.

Kicks and basslines would have to track through analog though.

I'd be curious what the ADAT on the 4/5000 sounds like.

PS...for maximizing the # of 1/4" inputs available in a small studio SPDIF is awesome.

Last edited:
Back