Rode NT1-A & Presonus Audiobox 22VSL? Hip-Hop/Rap

reecemm

Hi FP,
I've been looking for a mic and audio interface for a while now. I'm looking at the Rode NT1-A Condenser Microphone with the Presonus Audiobox 22VSL Audio Interface for Hip-Hop, Rap, and R&B vocals. Do you have any experience with these, or know better for similar price?
Thanks,
Reece

That combo will definitely get you started.

ive used the NT1a and although capable does need some work (EQ) in the high end.
The NT2 is much nicer and in the same price range (the one I'm stuck in) the SE2200II is even better...
I have the multi-pattern version of the SE2200II and rate it.
Apart from those 3 I've also used SM7b, Oktava 219 and a few other (very) budget mics.

Audio Interfaces at this price range are 'much of a muchness'...
I use a Scarlett (focusrite) at the moment but would like more in/outs... Hoping to go over to the Steinberg UR44 (or an RME if I can afford - unlikely) around Xmas/new year.
The steinberg drivers (Windows) are apparently solid.
The Focusrite drivers are not bad (I've had a few minor issues - all easily solvable)
No idea on the Presonus drivers though as never used or looked into them.

The preamps in all these budget-end audio interfaces are likely to be pretty similar. They'll all aim to be as transparent as possible (given the components used).
Focusrite have a reputation for good pres (and they're not 'bad') but a lot of what's said/heard is honestly marketing hype.
i suspect the designs and components used in the Presonus Audioboxes are very similar to those in the Scarlett range...

You deserve an award or something. This is like second time you've helped me urgently now. You the best man. Thanks.
Imma probably go with the NT2a, still searching for Interface.

That combo will work. I've heard great material coming from an Maudio Buddy and a Nady SCM 900.

Back