Required gear for MPC2000 sampling and recording

SicBeat

Hay guys..I just got a MPC2000 and wanted some help in setting it up. I did go through some similar posts, but I am still not clear on the equipment, cables I absolutely need. To being with, I want to know what equipment I require to:

1. Record samples into the MPC
2. Record the completed song from my MPC to my PC

I understand I can either use the RECORD IN or DIGITAL IN/OUT for recording samples to my MPC. Since I dont have 8 outs (IB-M208P) installed, I cant use DIGITAL IN/OUT for recording samples from an external CD player. Thats where the problem is. All the tracks I want to sample are in digital (wav) format. How do I record a sample (which is digital) via the analog RECORD IN jack? What cables and equipment would I need? Do I still need to use a turntables and LP's for recording analog data into the MPC?

To record a completed beat on my PC, I got a Y cable which I thought I can run from the MPC's STEREO OUT to the LINE IN of my PC's soundcard (my soundcard doesnt have a MIDI port). But I read recording this way could introduce noise, which can be solved by an intermediate audio interface? Do I really require an audio interface to have quality output?

Thanks in advance.

Last edited:
To record a completed beat on my PC, I got a Y cable which I thought I can run from the MPC's STEREO OUT to the LINE IN of my PC's soundcard (my soundcard doesnt have a MIDI port).

Yep. If you want to track out beats, make a one bar sequence with some drum hit in the beginning of every track and put that as the first sequence in song mode. That way you'll be able to align the tracks.

To record samples in to mpc, turn that Y Cable around: from your headphone out on pc to your mpc's record in.

Do I really require an audio interface to have quality output?
Yes.

Back