Requesting Feedback for beat: Play Of Form

Hey bro!

This is not really my kind of music but I appreciate every kind of music! I must say that the vybe is really cool, I can hear everything clearly which means that it is well mastered! I also like how you add more instruments to the track and hats with the snares sound really awesome!!! Maybe you could make the kick more powerful and the track is a bit repetitive but if this is where you are going for than who am I to judge.

Great work! Keep it up :)
Could you also check my work out as well? https://soundcloud.com/an-ill/left-side-phat-punani-an-ill-1

I really love the background music, I'm a big fan of jazzrock music, but the drumtrack makes me not wanna listen.
You really need a good vocal to keep people from skipping over man!
honesty can be a ***** sometimes...

would you care to check out https://soundcloud.com/dart-fader-1/hear-enoch?

it happen to be a try out for a drumtrack, which I just added some vocal and background for the test.
both vocal and background had little to less work on it, first I want a drumtrack that grooves the right way

Yo i like this bro, groovy as hell. It really has that J. Dilla sound, and that snare, very vintage sounding. It sounds like a live recording, thats what makes it timeless in my opinion. I think i know what d'Art Fader means about the drums; it's the bass thats added with the drum (i could be wrong, im not sure), i would say use a bass guitar for the bass melody, it would flow better IMO. It's still repayable. I just followed you on soundcloud.

Yo my man, Thanks you I've followed you back.

I see what you mean, I had a lot of trouble figure out what kind of bass to put with this. Thank you, I've sampled the drums from this 70s funk band.
Listened to a couple of your tracks, very chill. Do you use any VST's or something?

Thanks for your honest opinion, what is it about the drums that make you wanna skip?

it takes to long for I can make sense out of it.
you can ignore it, if you put in vocal right away, but if you don't people just look for an other track to play.
for some-one that doesn't know you or your music, it just sounds... like a mess, regardless of that great background

I listened it back once again, and the beat just isn't there in the drum, it's makes me feel sad, because the rest is so good, never the less, the sound quality of the drums are quite oke, it's just the groove that (isn't) playing.

rewrite the drumpart and you have a niece piece of work

at - Homey

It's no problem man, trust i understand that. Ahh, 70's, a good era of good music, nice choice there. Should try some 'Gapp Band' for some funk, not saying that would be easy. But i use plenty, i started out using mainly stock VST's around 2 years ago but moved on to more well established companies, like native instruments. Stock VST's that come with your DAW are still good though, you just have to know how to implement your own sound through them. The one VST i want though is Nexus 2

This some real dreamy psychedelic type shit right here. I thought the drums fit with the trippy vibe. *kanye shrug*

I personally wouldnt have done the warped breakdown as much. Once and done. Overall...its different. Could hear Lil B on this.

Back