Recording with saffire 14

garyjones42

Yea, i just bought a saffire 14 and i can't get it to record properly. Im currently using logic studio, with the saffire 14. I want to record my kaossilator pro in the saffire, but it isn't working. I have all my preferences set up with saffire input, i can also hear my kaossilaor playing through so the signal is definitely getting into the saffire 14, but for some reason its not recording. Does anyone have any ideas?

---------- Post added at 02:25 AM ---------- Previous post was at 01:50 AM ----------

Hmm strange, i just got it working somehow, but for some reason as its recording, its making this doubling effect. If i record into logic while I'm recording i hear a doubling effect, with one being a little delayed, but after i stop recording and press play, it sounds normal. So basically i can record, and the final recording sounds normal, but while i am recording i hear a doubled effect coming through my speakers. My input setting in logic for recording is stereo 3/4, outputs 1 and 2. Any clues?

It sounds as though you might be monitoring it directly as well as monitoring the input of your Logic channel. Maybe try disabling input monitoring in either logic or the Saffire software mixer?

Just a guess, I have no experience with this particular interface.

Back