Recording Synthesizer directly.

odd

Hi,
I've got the Nord Lead 2x and would like to record some of my sounds with my laptop.
My laptop has only got an onboard soundcard, but i figured: since I'm able to record my voice via. a logitech microphone plugged directly into my "microfone minijack" on the computer, I must be able to record the Synthesizer the same way.
So i tried to connect my synthesizer via. a jack to minijack cable. I put it in the "headphones" output of the synthesizer and directly into the computer.
I can see the input on the computer, but the sound is way too loud. it creates noise.
do i need special software to record this way or is it simply impossible?
I dont need extreme high quality recordings, I just need to layer my playing and listen to it all together. And i need to record it to remember my playing for later use.
Thanks.

It's probably because it's a mic input - they tend to have pretty extreme boosts built in and that combined with the cheapo soundchip = noises galore. If there is a regular line in or you can select the mode of operation for the input (so it acts as a line in), try that instead. Should be workable in any case. And use the line outputs of the NL2X instead of the headphone output.

Back