reason users

nvus

how do you get the sample tempo to match your project tempo? i've been importing the sample into ableton and using the warp markers to timestretch it. then i would import that into recycle then to reason.

its really hard to put it into words

in recycle, you have to put the slices on beat. then you have to know how many bars are in it, then you have to set the tempo there

yea...well it really sets itself. when you indicate how many bars you have, the original tempo sets itself. you have to make the tempo of the loop (right below original tempo) match it manually. they should be the same

how do you get the sample tempo to match your project tempo? i've been importing the sample into ableton and using the warp markers to timestretch it. then i would import that into recycle then to reason.

1. Use Recycle (very simple application)
2. Use the tap tempo feature in Reason

sounds like your doing it the right way.

you can just bring it into recycle. Just make sure to cut the loop to a bar or two or 4 etc

Easier to just timestretch, save as a .wav and load to the NNXT. Seems like more wok, but once in the NNXT, you just set the start point(12.5% =1/8th, 25% = 1/4th, 50% = 1/2, ect.) you don't get the choppy sound of Rex files stretched too far and other programs can do waaaaayyyyy better loop editing.

It's like manually setting the start/end point of a loop in an old digital sampler(S1100).

Are you on V 5 or V 6? Its easier in V6 imo. Just drop the sample onto an audio track disable time stretch find the 1st down beat put it on the 1st count of the bar and keep adjusting the tempo until the sample syncs with the metronome.

if your way works for you then roll with it...don't let others lead you astray and try to confuse with other progs...stay focused in reason and become a master in that

Back