Reason Templates

Drethe5th

contact @ i80media.com
I know that its all midi & cc, and when set up right a midi controller eventualy can become nearly as interactive as a device like machine to avoid using the mouse in a DAW.

1)
Does anyone have templates for Akai MPK49 for using Reason? If so please post or send them via email.

2)
Does anyone have session/song templates or combis for Reason (any version) that they could share (like derranged mastering suite) or anything you use in place of a 3rdparty plug to achieve Workflow or Audio enhancments

Reason is setup by default to work with the MPK 49 however if you want to change the settings that can be changed just right click on the device you are using and there is an edit option i forget the exact wording but there are only 3 options one will give u a learn from control surface option check the box turn the knob and press ok then save that template. The downside is that it doesn't carry over to new devices created in that session I wish Props would update Remote but I don't see that happening anytime soon.

Right, I know that can be done, but I guess I should have phrased the question to ask does anyone have mpk (vysex files) to share.

Those can be kept in the mpk and will carry over to other machined and sessions.

i think two controllers are needed with Reason... one for the mixer (i use korg nanokontrol locked to the mixer) and a regular midi keyboard with knobs to control the devices...

i think with controllers with faders/knobs... whether MPK series, Axiom series, etc... you must have a mixer track to control the mixer and a device track for the device... and have to flip back and forth from track to track depending on what you want to control...

maybe i misunderstood the question but this is correct if u want to control the SSL u would need to lock a seperate controller to the SSL. If u lock your master keyboard to it then u won't be able to control note information.

Back