Reason 5 & Video Production

Nice track and very cool video. Props for that!

I'm currently using reason 4 and I was thinking about upgrading to 5.
But reason 5 is quite expenisve so I was wondering if it's really worth the money, can you maybe help me?
What did they change/improve (besides the obvious new drum machine and synth).
Is the workflow improved, meaning did they fix the party cumbersome handling of the sequencer?
Would you recommend using 5 over 4? (Since you seem to know what you'r doin, I'd appreciate your personal opinion)

pretty nice vid indeed and I'm quite impressed by your lyricism:)What kind of cam was used for this clip?I'm just asking because I'm thinking about doing a vid down the road...

@Beatacular,you should check Ebay,I found a copy of Reason 5 for 170$!Version 4 is pretty dope but I think that if you can afford the upgrade to 5,it's well worth it.I'm not interested in version 6 at all:)

I didn't shoot it bro. Wish I was that good. Here's the crews website.

Media Local Studios: The Bay Area Leader of Multimedia in the Music Industry
theyve worked on some big name projects. I won't name drop but check the site.

As for R4 vs R5, the only thing was audio sampling and kong. Nice, but if you already have a daw with audio then you can pass on it.

R6 may be worth it though. I think I'll get it (R6) in a few months. Mainly for the new effects.

And thanks for checking it out.

Last edited:
this is a small world, I actually work with a lot of the homeless people in this video in San Francisco around Central Market, The TL and 6th Street. Good message, Im proud to see that we have some MC's out here with something realistic to bring to the table. I don't know you but Im proud of you. If you are ever in that part of the city again Im one of the guys the folks on the streets call the brown coats or the community guides, stop and say whats up.

---------- Post added at 01:59 AM ---------- Previous post was at 01:55 AM ----------

You can pay what you want for Reason 6, they have a name your own price sale going on if you have a previous version until the 31st. It says pay anything over $1 and thats it.

Thanks man. I try to inject more reality into my music but still leave room for having within a project as well.

We spoke with the shelters and were able to get their green light on shooting people. Im from the Bay and am up tgere often so i may just pass through your way one of these days.

Thanks again.

Back