Reason 5/6 refill help?

takecare

Hey, first off im really new to this, basically stumbled upon this site by complete accident.
I pretty much this week bought a basic set up from a friend (reason 5, M-audio oxygen 49 and the odd refill)

Considering buying an upgrade to 6 in the near future if need be, but right now im really not getting anywhere with good quality sounding hip hop drums.
The refills i got all sound the same, and being this new to everything I'm not exactly which direction to head in to aquire the sounds Im looking for.
I'm just personally not happy with the sounds at my disposal.
Any help would be immensely appreciated.
I'm not fussy about paying for refills if the drums and sounds included are better quality.

In general any great synth patch refills for hip hop aswell would be excellent.
I've had a glance through the forum (a quick one i'll admit) but the amount of information on this site is truly overwhelming since im pretty new to everything.
Thanks in advance for any help received!!

Any of the drums in Reason work well for hip hop. What kind of hip hop are you looking to make? Slum Drums, Reason Drum Kits, Disco School, Soul School or even my own Loose Patches refill series available only at facebook.com/kevwestbeats will work well for hip hop. You are probably trying to do too much.

My favorite site is Big Fish Audio.
After that, Sonic Reality

The ones listed on reasons home site are good too. The free stuff on the web is usualy crap in general, or at least too much to sort through. Especialy free ones claiming to be big name keyboard workstations (motif refill, triton refill, fantom refill ect....)

The sites i listed above, let you hear samples too, so you have a good idea on what your getting, rather than hoping the title lives up to its hype.

My favorite site is Big Fish Audio.
After that, Sonic Reality

The ones listed on reasons home site are good too. The free stuff on the web is usualy crap in general, or at least too much to sort through. Especialy free ones claiming to be big name keyboard workstations (motif refill, triton refill, fantom refill ect....)

The sites i listed above, let you hear samples too, so you have a good idea on what your getting, rather than hoping the title lives up to its hype.
There are some really really good free ones but most of them are only posted on the Props user forum lol. Some of the paid ones aren't that great either.

Back