Really appreciate some help please lacking in tech knowledge

ItsMeLewie

Hey guys just wondering if somone could lend a hand, im lacking in technical knowledge and basically make my beats by ear and hours of sometimes pointless 'knob tweeking' and trial and error, just recently i came across a couple of beats i liked around 101-120 bpm and thoight id give it a go. ill use this as an example.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=duogKajOevI

I worked it to be 101.5, but it didnt sound right to me. So i downloaded the beat, loaded it into fl studio and played my peice over it, and what i found was that for the intro it was slightly off but when the drop hit it was perfectly on beat. but Its almost as if its on beat for a bit then starts to slowly fall behind, what is this?
Am i structuring my beats wrong?
Sorry if i dont come across with my question very well like i say ive no technical knowledge if someone could point me in the direction of decent tutorials id be much appreciated!
My beats seem to sound repetative and as if its made in blocks. Never spappy or jumppy or hit hard, my synths or plucks never have any body to them to or fill up the track and be the main part! What am i doing wrong!!??

Heres how they should or how i want them to sound!!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9LSDwpL_svs

But heres my page anyway!

Http://www.youtube.com/lewiebeats
Thanks so much for any help in advance!!

Last edited:
My understanding of what you are trying to ask is, if it falls behind, then it means it is slower than 105, if it goes ahead then it means it is faster then 105. Im sorry if that isnt what you asked but it is hard to work out what you are actually asking?

I'm guessing that's what he's saying. I think time stretching the audio clip might fix that. I could be wrong. Just throwing it out there.

Sorry yeah im not very clear in the way i explain as its so much easier to show someone lol! I think my main point was that the songs ive posted here as links that are not my own work are repetative beats, but they dont really sound repatative, they sound fresh and catchy, they dont seem to bore the ear, if you listen to mine theyre just, i dunno, boring, Repetative, its so hard to explain but just compare the beats on my page to the ones ive posted in my first post.. apart from me being shit at mastering why do the beats ive found sound so lively and make you wanna bop your head but the ones ive made dont. If you do a comparason youll see what i mean mine are just soo boring.

Again i apologise for sounding like a half wit i literally just compose but im trying to learn the technical side of things!! So frustrating!

Thanks guys and gals.

Back