Rane empath rotary problems!

Disko Dave

Hi, just got my new rane empath rotary. Im new with rane so the level meters and how everything works is new and very different from what i have useally played on, mostly pioneer.

I figured out that i cant get the master level (not talking about Main) as high as the cue. I like to have the cue level on 0db. and since empath doesnt have any knott for the master, only main, but that isnt the same. I cant get the cue and master even.

Maybe the empath is supposed to mix on 10, (on the rotary fader) but i would prefer to mix on 8. and when i set cue to 0db and rotary fader to 8, the master level only gets to -7 db. if i mix on 9 ill get -4 db and if i mix on 10 ill get -2 db on the master vu meter. so even if i mix on 10 they wont get even.

the only way i have figued out to get the cue and master even is by using the autogain, but i dont want to use that all the time.

if i just had a knot for the master i could even the cue and master,
Im not sure if its supposed to be like this or if it is a reason behind it. are you supposed to have cue on 0db or higher, maybe im doing it wrong. but even though i set cue higher than 0db the master wont get even anyway so it doesnt matter.

maybe its possible to mod the mixer somehow. open it and screw on something to set the master higher i dont know. or i could get a master knot instead of the booth so i can set the master level myself. or maybe get new potentiometers,
I know the rane mp2016 doesnt have this probem, there you have unity on like 8 on the faders.. whish the empath had the same.

Back