quick question for Maschine heads

oxygenbeats

whats up people. I'm about to go out and get Maschine but was still unsure about some workflow issues I had. What I want to be able to do is make my whole beat in Maschine, then plug in a midi keyboard alongside the pads to play out basslines (i dont like doing it on the pads). I remember someone telling me, the only midi device that can go into the software is the pads itself. So is it possible to have the keyboard and the pads side by side, working together at the same time? Would I be able to plug in reason or logic to use the sounds in Maschine as vsts with Maschine sequencing? school me

Sure you can have a midi keyboard next to Maschine. Maschine is gonna be plugged through USB to your computer. It has a midi out and a midi in plug. Which means you can either plug a keyboard through midi in maschine or through your audiointerface. Or you can use a usb midi keyboard.

Maschine works as a standalone or as a VST inside a DAW so you can open it in Logic or reason. You can even use it to control these two through templates.
That being said, Maschine is a basic sequencer. It's good to layout your basic beat, but you'll want to use a daw to insert smooth transitions and effects between scenes (unless i missed something on maschine?).

Sure you can have a midi keyboard next to Maschine. Maschine is gonna be plugged through USB to your computer. It has a midi out and a midi in plug. Which means you can either plug a keyboard through midi in maschine or through your audiointerface. Or you can use a usb midi keyboard.

Maschine works as a standalone or as a VST inside a DAW so you can open it in Logic or reason. You can even use it to control these two through templates.
That being said, Maschine is a basic sequencer. It's good to layout your basic beat, but you'll want to use a daw to insert smooth transitions and effects between scenes (unless i missed something on maschine?).
That will be my setup! Cheers.

Only one thing is annoying with all this equipment: my table is like a spaghetti plate, full of cables. I have a hub with 7 plugs for my mouse, external hard drives, maschine, midi keyboard...
add the midi cables and the sound cables of my synth, that's quite a mess!

---------- Post added at 05:27 AM ---------- Previous post was at 04:11 AM ----------

Oh shit, look at that vid.
I didn't knew it was possible, Maschine can run in standalone and run live as a rack to trigger VSTs:

<object width="640" height="385"><param name="movie" value="https://www.youtube.com/v/VmU6Yl2cg7U&hl=fr_FR&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="https://www.youtube.com/v/VmU6Yl2cg7U&hl=fr_FR&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="640" height="385"></embed></object>

Last edited:
Back